What's new

Towbar?

ah156

Members
Reaction score
Car
06 i-CTDI Exec
I'm after a tow-bar with the aim of getting a tow-bar bike rack for my mountain bikes.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any tow-bars (detachable preferably) that do not require a visible bumper cut? I've done a quick forum search but haven't found anything on it.

Car is a 2.2 06 exec.

I'm after a tow-bar with the aim of getting a tow-bar bike rack for my mountain bikes.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any tow-bars (detachable preferably) that do not require a visible bumper cut? I've done a quick forum search but haven't found anything on it.

Car is a 2.2 06 exec.

I have an 05 tourer with a swan neck towbar. It had to have the bumper cut but is not visible. As for wanting a detachable neck try searching the Witter website they have a number plate search tool to see all the options available. Also I was under the impression that you could not fit a towbar mounted bike rack to detachable necks, but I maybe wrong.
Please ignore the above post I pressed the wrong button!!!!

Yeah the Witter ones all require a visible cut. Not so keen on that idea really.

I have a witter on mine as well and yes there is a cut under the bumper i paid £360 fitted with twin electrics.Im sure the only tow bar that dosent need the bumper cut is a genuine Honda one.
For that i was quoted £750 so make your choice really its a lot of money.

i think they all need a bumper cut but some are more visible than others not sure what make mine is i'll try to find out but mines not very visible at all. also if you can fit it yourself it would be better as then you can limit the amount you cut out because if you do the cut as per the instructions it'll be a lot bigger than needed.

I have a basic towbar from towsure.co.uk, fitted myself. had to do a slight bumper cut but it isnt visible. I did a how-to of the fitting on the old site so will have to re-do it here at some stage. All in it cost me about £100 and a day and a half of my time. Mine is not removable and yet it doesnt affect my parking sensors.

My car had a Witter detachable when I bought it. I then got a bike rack (Thule 9403) and the detachable hook/ball has been bolted
onto the rack and never removed. I just position the rack at the back of the car and lift the rack into place until the hook clicks into
place.
There is a cut-out at the bottom lip of the bumper about half inch into the lip and ~2.5 inch wide.
without the rack in place, from the rear you only see the 2 electric sockets, other wise you wouldn't know there was a tow thing.

Charlie

My tourer has a Bosal detachable tow bar fitted it was on there when I bought it. Don't know if you've got at tourer or not and mines an 04 plate so don't know if the saloon bumper is diff, but the bumper hasn't been cut at all. I'll double check when the missus comes home from work but I'm pretty sure it hasn't

Put a sheet down in the back, take the front wheels off stick them in. done. Cheap doesnt damage the car. who needs a tourer or a hatchback or towbar lol.

'cos when you reverse into stuff you don't damage the car :p.

This is true, i took mine off, i wieght the whole contraption.....24.8kg!!!

Hi,

I am fitting a HONDA towbar with detachable hitch to an 08 7th gen Accord tourer. Everything is fitted but my mechanic tells me that he needs to cut a hole in the bumper to fit the detachable hitch. Can anybody tell me if this is correct.