What's new

Towing Weights on VIN Plate

simovtec

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Hi guys, so planning on using the accord to tow a caravan but need to find out which of the weights on the vin plate mean..

would have checked my owners manual but I cant find it and looking online is useless...

Just wondering if anyone could help me out and explain which of these weights mean - ie weight of car, kerb weight, gross train of car etc so I know for working out what caravan I can get..

The weights from the the vin plate are layed out like this.. 1890 kg
3190 kg
1- 1010 kg
2- 900 kg

if anyone could maybe help me out if they already know or could check there owners manual so I could find out exactly which each of those mean that would be brill..

Ps... its a 2002 1.8 sport incase anyone requires that information.

thanks

In the owners manual it says the max towing weight with brakes for 1.8 manual is: 1300kg but has note saying for germany only.

The 1890kg is the max permissible weight
The 1010kg is max permissible axle weight for the front
The 900kg is max axle weight for rear

Not sure what the 3190kg is about!

Cheers mate.. Dont know if 3190 kg is the max train weight.. Car plus trailer/caravan.. Will need to look into this..

hello mates. i think that last weight is maximum weight of braked train. here in SVK we divide braked and unbraked trailers.

Yeh on searching towing websites that tell you max etc for your vehicle thats what it seems to be mate, thanks