What's new
Mine used to crunch going up from 2nd to 3rd before I changed the oil.

Remember watching my dad double clutching up a huge long hill in our old landrover when towing back when i was kid.

Never done it myself. I've always rev matched, and still do as a matter of habit (I learnt to drive in a 1958 landrover with no synchromesh when I was 7 in our fields).
Used to heel and toe to rev match back when I raced, but I do it so infrequently on the road because I tend to potter about and get all my braking done first on the road.

Goodluckmonkey said:
Mine used to crunch going up from 2nd to 3rd before I changed the oil.

Remember watching my dad double clutching up a huge long hill in our old landrover when towing back when i was kid.

Never done it myself. I've always rev matched, and still do as a matter of habit (I learnt to drive in a 1958 landrover with no synchromesh when I was 7 in our fields).
Used to heel and toe to rev match back when I raced, but I do it so infrequently on the road because I tend to potter about and get all my braking done first on the road.
I forgot to add... 3rd only crunches when shifting up from 2nd to 3rd. downshifting seems to be fine.

The oil was warm(ish) as per the advise as it apparently drains better due to the viscosity etc etc.

I have a few long trips in the coming weeks to London and back so this should add on a good amount of miles on the clock

honda_saj said:
Have you checked master or slave cylinder the pedal can be adjusted that may resolve third gear crunching if not new third gear synchro

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
Thanks mate, i will definitely get this checked - never done this before so will be taking her to GrinSpeed... great lads there.

If you can easily select first/reverse without crunching or baulking then the clutch cylinders are working OK... if it really is only a third gear issue then the gearbox has a problem. Now you've used a decent oil, this problem could improve with time.

Hi... update time. The third gear crunch has improved. Howevet you've got me thinking about the master and slave cylinder ad it foes seem to not got into firdt and reverse every now amd again. Can these adjustments be made by a wee DIY guy like myself or do you recommend a garage do the checks/ adjustments?

Thanks peeps

I would suggest having a go yourself first. At the very least you save the car going into a place where people know less than you (and care more about gaining experience on a car they don't give a **** about)