What's new

Tuning 2.2 DTEC with Automatic trans - Safe?

Simkin

Members
Reaction score
Car
2009 Accord
Is it safe to bring the Accord 2.2 DTEC with Automatic transmission up to 180-190hp and 410+nm?

How solid are these automatic transmissions on the Accord? Or should i stay away?

Chiptuning/re-map

Yes, tuned plenty with stage 2 DPF and egr off. No issues to report.

Just ensure you go with a professional tuner who knows what they're doing with these cars.

Check out our Facebook page for a few examples.

Ok, i asked a well known tuning company here in Norway, he claim he have tuned several Accord/Honda with DTEC and Automatic transmission.

+35Hp/70nm..

Another company i asked say +40hp/70nm and it have "Automatic software" added to it to protect it..

I really dont want to let the transmission "be on the edge" power and torque wise, but i dont know how solid these things are..

No idea what they're talking about. Modern automatic transmission systems have a seperate ecu with torque limiter maps to protect the transmission.

So the Accord has its own Transmission ECU that also "need a tune"?

The first company has a very good reputation and has been in the game for a very long time.

Yes they have a seperate ecu and no they're not tunable on the Honda.

The point is that the TCU will limit the torque to protect the gearbox from excessive power.

Yes we are making 52+bhp on them

Just want to bring this up again..

Driving to England is a bit to far for a DPF remove and remap (From Norway), but anyone knows if there is any reliable tuning companies who can do this in Norway or Sweden?

Ande EGR delete, its blanking AND software?

You don't need to drive to the uk, you can post your ecu. We only need it for a few hours.