What's new

Twin exit exhaust for 2.2 I-DTEC?

Staddly

Members
Reaction score
Car
8th Gen 2.2 Tourer
Hi. I have seen this mentioned in some thread s but I can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere.

As ***le - twin exit exhaust possible / available for the 8th gen touring 2.2?

For the diesel it would probably require a custom system to be made and then you would need the type s petrol bumper to accommodate the twin exits. Not sure on fitment of petrol bumper to diesel

Does the tourer not come in a 2.4 petrol version which has twin pipes? Have a wee look on the back bumper and you will see the cut outs if they are there.

I priced a powerflow dual box system for mine and was quoted £360.

There are no hangers or heat sheild on the left side im not sure how they would plan on overcoming that.

Scott

Yeah my 2.0 petrol tourer has a bumper cut out for a tailpipe on the left hand side, looks like it clips out.

There a plastic under shield covering where the 2.4 or 2nd silencer would go, just unclips though. If you check out the 2.4 tourer parts diagrams I expect the fixings are there for the exhaust hangers etc.

Looks good. I'd get a heatshield for the left hand side, boot floor might get hot.

I've been looking into this and looks like the std 2.4 petrol will replace diesel

Think I'm getting Zorstec to do mine again though for about £500 they did my last one and faddys

All custom made including silencers and tig welded, have a look in their web site, pro job not bodge and scarper

Impne - is that for the rear section only?

I had a similar priced quote from a bespoke stainless system builder in my town (Longlife). Zorstec a bit far for me ;)

@ Rich - definitely!!

Mine was for back and middle

You must take into consideration with Zorstec theyre tig welded like for example motorcycle exhausts

Not everyone wants that though

I have system made in the past by power flow who use off shelf silencers and then fabricate the pipes and the quality was very poor, but it depends on the skill of the chap doing it

There's another place in Harrogate who do classics and race car but can't remember their name :-( they did my rally car

Hmmmm....the more I look at my local chap the better he seems, full custom, all silencers hand made etc £550 including the dreaded VAT

Chaps in Harrogate are TMS

Too far for yourself but made a good job on mine and a classic merc that was there

ExhaustsUk in sheffield have always done mine full custom setup. Excellent job and value.

Cat back, straight thru center section (all cans remove)
Twin exit.£550, AND i had my tail pipes powered coated in black finish

I'm also looking at some point having a twin system made for my tourer after noticeing the cut outs are allready there :)

Hi,

I have the 2.0l 8th gen saloon which has the single exit tailpipe on then drivers side and have the removable cut out on the passanger side. I was wondering if the rear dual exit section for the 2.4l section would be a direct fit for my car?

I have been doing some research and looked at part diagrams on Lings Honda etc but haven't found an answer. Can any one shed some light?

As mentioned earlier will probably need the heat shield and hangers. Are these a direct fit?