What's new

Twin pipes for a diesel?

antdad

Members
Reaction score
Car
Tourer i-cdti 07
As long as you’re not eliminating the cat it will be fine. No performance gains, just aesthetics and a change in sound. I did on my 7th gen about 10 years ago when I had one.

You've also got to factor in a replacement rear bumper as the diesels have no cut outs for a tailpipe and the 2.4 with the twin pipes has one either side. Which means finding a 2.4 rear bumper or modifying your own... which will look crap.

The 7th FL tourer that I had had a half circle cutout on both sides for dual pipes, the Nearside one had a half circle blanking plate to make the bottom edge flat.
If the OP has the same bumper its not an issue.

I want to do this. Accords with a single tail pipe just don't look right to me. But it is purely a vanity project.

Not going off the shelf though. I'll weld it up myself.

I made this upgrade on my ICDTI with Fox exhaust.

You'll have a better sound at 3000rpm but don't expect too much if you don't get ride of the intermediate silencer.

I bought the rear bumper from a Type S for the fitment.

Heckler said:
You've also got to factor in a replacement rear bumper as the diesels have no cut outs for a tailpipe and the 2.4 with the twin pipes has one either side. Which means finding a 2.4 rear bumper or modifying your own... which will look *****.
my 2.2cdti has cut outs for twin tailpipes, perhaps that what happened to it. I've considered getting it done but only for aesthetics. But first thing on my mind is the remap from Fahad but ended up buying my first house which has delayed that considerably!

Your priorities are clearly all wrong