What's new

Type-R for sale

Carl H

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord EX i-CTDi
Found this on AutoTrader. What do you think?

My first thoughts... the thick end of 3 grand for a 13 year old Accord with 140k on the clock? Erm, no. Last year I sold a 13 year old Accord with slightly more miles for £375.

But, it is a Type R and it looks reasonably tidy.

You can buy a Prelude with similar mileage and all of about about 17PS less power for roughly £800-1000 :lol: I do like an ATR though, but the prices put me off :(

It looks to be a nice example but with 140k on the clock and "10 stamps" in the book (sounds not enough for 140k to me), he's asking at least good grand over what it's truely worth. Maybe £1500 but that dealer is going to have to be stuck with it a good while before he wakes up and smells the coffee.

Depends how well looked after it is, wouldn't worry too much about the mileage if the car is good nick and properly maintained, all ATR's seem to be minimum 2k, and most that are around 2k seem to be melons, these are going to go up in price though, and I wouldn't hesitate paying 3k for a really good one, would love one myself!

My mate brought his 2002 face lift type r in feb and it only covered 77k miles with full honda history to 75k miles for Just 1750.
was one owner from new and was absolutly mint, never driven wet days and kept in the guys damp free garage, so to me I think thats red 1 is well over priced.
;)

Thats a great price, when did your mate buy it? I have noticed ATR's have gone up in prices for whatever reason, have most of them been written off or something lol