What's new

Type R twin pots

neilrosser

Members
Reaction score
Car
CL9 2.4 i-VTEC Exec
Hi guys,
I've been quoted £156 inc vat/delivery for a pair of twin pots, is this a reasonable price?or am i being shafted?
I have sent them another email to check if this includes the carriers or if they are extra.

Neil

Hi guys,
I've been quoted £156 inc vat/delivery for a pair of twin pots, is this a reasonable price?or am i being shafted?
I have sent them another email to check if this includes the carriers or if they are extra.

Neil
This depends if they have already been referred.But to be honest there quite hard to come by so its a hard one really.
I no members were paying around £100 i think.

yep agreed anything from £120 to £180 seems the price range.

It's not cheap, but it's not a rip off either. Fair price if they're in good nick.

There not that hard too get hold of plenty of accord type r's being broken on accordr.org failing that give Andy at Vtec direct a ring

Agree with Fahad, they are quite rare... if they are in good condition then probably worth it I only paid around £60-70 for my pair with carriers... but I bought them bit by bit as carriers and callipers came along lol saying that I spent a bit on them getting them to look like new again, with new seals pistons and refurbing etc...

if i remember right there also the same calipers as the Legend im not 100% but i think they are if so also look for one of them breaking but im sure you could find them cheaper i got my EP3 ones for 60 quid with carriers!

Legend calipers are almost the same as they are fitted at the back of the wheel not like in accords where they are on front, so if you would like to keep same sides then your bleeding screw will be on the bottom of caliper, to have bleeding screw at the top you'll have to change sides left to the right, but then bigger piston is at the top (or bottom) I can't remember, anyway it's not where it should be which may cause quicker and uneven wear of brake pads, if you want you can get one piston calipers from legend but piston is bigger then in accords and you can switch sides to keep bleeding screw at the top these were on V6 legend from 99-04 :)

Carl's bang on with his reply dudes.

Thanks for all the replies guys, going to give these ones a miss, my email wasn't replied to and I can't get through on phone.
Not giving up just yet though, I'm going to keep my eye on accordr.org