What's new

Type S MPG

Sgoaty

Members
Reaction score
Car
2010 Type S I-DTEC
Hi

I just wondered what kind of MPG people are getting with their type S saloons?

My nearest motorway is 100 miles away so its mostly twisty A roads i drive on. I was getting about 35 MPG according to the computer and 450-500 from a full tank. Ive tried to drive like a saint and the computter is now reporting 36.5MPG. I used to get 42-44 MPG all day long with my old 1.9 PD Passat.

I know its not thirsty compared to a petrol but its not as good as i expected.
Thanks
Scott

Was getting 650 mile from brim to empty , i dont take any notice of mpg trip computers as they can vary massively from car to car , only way to accurately figure it out is put a set amount of fuel in each fill up and reset your miles and work it out from there , your own driving style and speed etc .
For example i was getting 150-160 miles every £30 running stupid big heavy 20" rims , when i went back to nice light 18" ones was getting 200-210 miles ,
Ive had a PD passat before too and i know what your saying , felt like it ran on fresh air lol although not as quick ,
Check your rear callipers as they can stick and will affect consumption too

I run a 2.2 idtec and rarely get more than 41 and i do lots long runs (60 miles plus) though it is an auto, so that is about 520 miles on a tank. Many other cars get better mpg but it is what it is. Check out Honest John's mpg page on the internet.

hale-pope said:
I run a 2.2 idtec and rarely get more than 41 and i do lots long runs (60 miles plus) though it is an auto, so that is about 520 miles on a tank. Many other cars get better mpg but it is what it is. Check out Honest John's mpg page on the internet.
Much the same with my auto idtec, not as good as the mk7 manual, but who cares "WHAT A DRIVE!!

Reset the trip computer also. Check the rear calipers, they need regular cleaning to not stick on.

Recently did brim to brim calculation on standard dtech.
45.6 mpg but computer showed only 41.4

The results are in 36.9 mpg i was trying to drive economically too but i had quite a bit of nose to tail and very twisty stop start stuff. Will also check my calipers just in case.

My accord is a 150bhp thats remapped.

I got 63.5mpg from my house in Dudley to the Trafford Centre in Manchester traveling at 70mph

On the way back in the rain at 80 it dropped to 58mpg. I'm well happy with the result it's just a shame I need a crv now.

I drove from my house to Telford honda and got 62mpg.

Congrats on the new CRV Jace.
The 2.0 petrol auto is a nice unit, but you'll struggle to get half of those idtec mpg figures.

Cheers Rich. My work meant a manual diesel wasn't going to be suitable any more plus I'd had too many situations where I needed a bigger boot. Give it 12 months and I'll let everyone know the truth about petrol v diesel.

I got 39mpg in the crv going from dudley to Stafford which was quite supprising. I'll know by the end of the week how the auto compairs on my weekly run. I'm expecting it to be less but I'm hoping for a stress free experience as I won't need to worry about looking after my clutch in traffic.

My idtec on a run would easily get over 53mpg so a type S should be able to as well.

My work commute mpg for 5 days was 44mpg which included sitting in traffic for a bit. In the summer I was getting 48mpg.

The crv doesn't have its suspension in the way like the accord tourer so I can now drop the split seats while having my 2yr olds car seat still in and have a shed load of space still.

Let us know how you get on.

Interesting that the Octavia hatches boot is 590 litres and the CRV is 589 litres, but its a much bigger vehicle...

Loving my Octavia at the moment, but hoping the VW group unreliability doesn't strike.....to be fair it in warranty for 3 years, so they will sort it if it does.

Just completed my fortnightly commute from Helston, Cornwall to Dumfries, Scotland, (just under 500miles)

Averaged a nice 51.3mpg according to the trip computer.

First 100-150 miles were driven through the Cornish A roads like a Vicar :lol:

Start-Stop traffic at Birmingham (as usual) :wacko:

Spirited drive through the north and into Scotland. (Me and another Type-S were having some fun :D)

Not had the 8th-Gen Diesel Type-S for long but I already feel that it's leaps better than my 7th-Gen on fuel :D WIN!

-Grey

Hi, I'm a newbie here and to accords. I've just purchased a 2010 type-s tourer i-dtec and so far have only managed to get 30-32 mpg out of it which is way off what I was expecting. It has aftermarket 18 inch rims, but I'm sure this isn't the whole cause. It does mainly town driving but I hadn't expected it to be this bad. Has anyone else seen it that low?

Diesels are for long journeys coasting in 5th or 6th gear. Short jorneys aren't suitable for the car.

If you look at autotrader and find an advert for your car. Under the performance tab it will give you 3 mpg readings. Urban extra urban etc.

The lowest mpg is town driving the next one is your average mpg and the next one is if you drive really carfully on the motorway for a decent amount of time.

Your mpg is correct for you driving style. If you take it for a decent drive your mpg should increase.

I'm getting 35mpg in my diesel automatic according to the computer. A mix of motorway/urban 40-60 miles daily...