What's new

Type S part number

Blong91

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Sport 2.0
Hi all, anyone know the part number for the 2.4type s 2003 serpentine / fan belt?

Also is there a rough time period of how long mine will have left in it, the belt started squealing once or twice today. Will it cause damage if it snaps?

Appreciated

Mr Honda said:
I'd imagine it's not going to snap, it's probably squealing as its lost some tension, the part number is 38920-RBB-E03, but I'd double check with a dealer to be sure you're ordering the correct belt.
http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection.php?block_01=17SEA01&block_02=B__5700&block_03=2771
Thanks. I'll order straight from Honda. There wasn't a revised belt for the petrols am I right in saying that?

The car wouldn't start the other day, it just clicked when the keys were in and no electrics came on. It came back to life a minute later. Then today the battery light randomly flickers while driving and the belt was squealing a bit. I'm putting these down to the belt hopefully

Also, when the new one is fitted should I notice any time of difference in the car at all?

Can anyone help me out here?

I went and bought a belt with the number 6pk1750 from gates. Going by Google this is the right belt for the car, and matches the model posted above by a forum member.

It looks a bit thinner than the one currently on the car though? Is this the right belt? Any help would be appreciated.

Http://I.imgur.com/iuafjht.jpg

Thought you were gonna go to Honda :p , there's no modified belt for petrol, there's one that does petrol electric power steering and one that does petrol hydraulic power steering, the difference in size (length) is down to the extra pulley. I'm not sure about the belt being thinner, I have never looked that closely at them??

Mr Honda said:
Thought you were gonna go to Honda :p , there's no modified belt for petrol, there's one that does petrol electric power steering and one that does petrol hydraulic power steering, the difference in size (length) is down to the extra pulley. I'm not sure about the belt being thinner, I have never looked that closely at them??
Haha, I had planned to until I seen they were looking 50 quid, and Gates are apparently OEM (near enough).

Turns out they sent me the wrong part number. They sent me 6PK1750 which is a bit thinner.

Cheers for the help.

Gates may have been tasked with supplying belts for Honda at one time or another, not every belt used by Honda is a Gates belt either, I have seen many a different manufacturer name against Honda belts, Bando is one that sticks in my head.

Honda seems to have very strict guideline and standards against the suppliers products that they use, hence the ability to offer warranty extensions beyond the standard 3 years. I know parts are only offered a 1 year warranty, batteries I think get 3 years warranty, but I would bet that a gates belt built for the spurious market is differently built than a gates belt built for Honda Motor Company!!

Mr Honda said:
Gates may have been tasked with supplying belts for Honda at one time or another, not every belt used by Honda is a Gates belt either, I have seen many a different manufacturer name against Honda belts, Bando is one that sticks in my head.

Honda seems to have very strict guideline and standards against the suppliers products that they use, hence the ability to offer warranty extensions beyond the standard 3 years. I know parts are only offered a 1 year warranty, batteries I think get 3 years warranty, but I would bet that a gates belt built for the spurious market is differently built than a gates belt built for Honda Motor Company!!
Ah i'll not worry about it. By all accounts the Gates belts are of a high quality and will do the job nicely.

Can anyone help here please?

I've taken the tensioner and old belt off, and am trying to put the new belt on. It's definitely the right belt but im having trouble getting it on, theres too much tension on it. Everything is 100% routed right.

Any help here is greatly appreciated!!