What's new

Type S

Greeny

Members
Reaction score
Car
350z
Hi all Ive had a search but could not find anything.

Im just wondering if any one here has supercharged their Type S?

yes mate, different ECU but essentially the same motor

like the other members have said bud tsxclub and Acurazine have a few supercharged tsxs and there is a euro r in Ireland which I beloved is supercharged, but none we know of in uk :( would love to see one here :) you going to be the first bud??? ;)

Ryan with the facelifted mugen kitted CL9 could well be the first. He's already swapped for EP3 gear ratios so im pretty sure he's up for supercharging next.

supercharged accord, that would be something.

If you do decide to do it then maybe keep us all updated pa. You will be the first to do it on here I believe.

i cant really see the point guys, a large chunk of the car would need to be uprated, the costs would be extreme.

unless you have an endless supply of cash its a pretty drastic move, the cars you could buy for the cost of supercharging an accord i mean.

unless you have a reason for track usage etc i guess...

I looked into supercharging about a year ago. You'll need an Eaton M62 off a Merc (scrapyard or eBay).
Easiest place to take the drive is from the aux belt where the aircon comprressor usually is i.e. if you have aircon, remove it and take the drive from there, if you don't have aircon then need a longer aux belt and pulley.
The throttle body would have to go at the supercharger intake, and the supercharger outlet would have to go via an intercooler.
All of the above would be fairly cheap and easy for any DIY person, but then you come to the problem of getting the ECU remapped. There are places mentioned in the forum for getting ECU remapped, several people have had a remap with the car in standard N/A.

So all you'd need is ....
Eaton M62 (or similar spec)
Intercooler
Piping
ECU remap

Much easier than a turbo, and set at slight boost would probably give a lovely increase in torque.

EDIT: if you're thinking of using a cheap piggy back ECU such as Dastek, forget it, it would be a wiring nightmare. You'd be better off getting a Hondada kit but the right one for the engine could cost a lot of money

We're not talking Supermarine or Merlin on this Eric, it's a simple way of adding torque, that's why Mercedes offer it => "Kompressor" ..... though it wouldn't be recommended on a car that was a vibrating lemon :rolleyes: :p

so on your logic adding a sizable few grand on boy racing your accord and wont see a pittance of it in return for the sake of 40/50bhp

seems a sound decision to me.... :huh:

im sure quite a few people on here have vibrating lemon, you better tell them sell up and buy a BMW before doomsday kicks in or better still tell them buy a 40 year old rust shack and put a nice turbo on it. :ph34r:

ROFL.gif

Many off the shelf high quality kits already readily available in the uk for k20....I can't imagine it would need much fettling to fit a k24..?