What's new

Tyre Pressure / Electric Seat

Original Nutta

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer 2.4
Can someone help please, just bought a 2004 Accord Tourer 2.4 Auto. I filled 32psi all around but my front 2 tyres still look very low, the car has 17's on it & 225/45 R17 P6000 Pireli Tyres. Im I filling the correct tyre pressure?

Im also having a issue with the driver seat - I'm very tall and I want the seat to go back more than it does, is there anything I can do to make it go further back?

Thanks in advance for the replies :)

Have a look at the stickers on your door jamb for tyre pressures.

Can't see how you could make the seat go back further.

There a few different pressures depending on the vehicle load, the more in the vehicle be it people or luggage - the higher the pressure :)

If you're confused and the tyres look flat just use the highest value there, your tyres will not explode as a result.

Original Nutta said:
Can someone help please, just bought a 2004 Accord Tourer 2.4 Auto. I filled 32psi all around but my front 2 tyres still look very low, the car has 17's on it & 225/45 R17 P6000 Pireli Tyres. Im I filling the correct tyre pressure?

Im also having a issue with the driver seat - I'm very tall and I want the seat to go back more than it does, is there anything I can do to make it go further back?

Thanks in advance for the replies :)
Curious how tall you are, cause the drivers seat goes back a long way on mine !

Fronts should be around 34 psi, as for front seat, I'm 6'2" and the knees are either side of the steering wheel, but still comfy enough, cruise controls a gift, couldn't do without it!!

I am 6'4" and have no issues with the seats. I don't even have it all the way back.

Tyres - I have them at 35 all the way round.

The recommended tyre pressure on the 2.4 I always thought looked very low, but I think you're right with 32 or 33. However, I whilst the handling is lovely, I found having the tyres that low gave me shocking fuel consumption. I run 38psi all round.

As for the seat, I'm 5'7" so have it in the granddad position of high and forward so I can see over the dash and reach the pedals :lol: . But I've met Rob (above) and he's a tall dude. But my mate who used to have a 2.4 Accord and inspired me to get mine is taller than Rob, about 6'6" or 6'7" and he never had an issue with leg room or seat positioning.

If you're having trouble with gaining yourself enough leg room, I'd look at the seat mechanism as it may be faulty and not moving all the way back as it should. I've never read of that being an issue, but there's always a first time for everything.

Check the driver and passenger seat go back the same amount.

(Wow! This is my 5000th post!)

I filled 42psi at the front & 40 at the back but front still look a little low :s......my legs knees don't get in the way of anything but at the moment my leg is at about 130 degree id like it to be at about 18p degrees

Original Nutta said:
I filled 42psi at the front & 40 at the back but front still look a little low :s......my legs knees don't get in the way of anything but at the moment my leg is at about 130 degree id like it to be at about 18p degrees
This is far to high for your tyre pressure.
TBO on my old 7th gen the tyres always looked flat this is correct.
I would go by what Honda says for your pressure.

The higher the tyre pressure the less of a contact patch you have iirc, I wouldn't run over the recommended pressure for the load you're carrying as it could be detrimental to your handling/braking when you need it most...

I was going to try 94v XL Nokian Line tyres on my 2.2 diesel as mine at 35psi look soft, Nokian have good wet rating will have to weigh front of car to see what is required.

Nokian Line 205/55 R16 94 V XL Compare Back to product listTyre size:205/55 R16Speed index:V = max 149 mphLoad index:94 = max 670 kgSeason:SummerType:Car Free delivery Delivery time: 4-5 working days Availability: Quantity: 4 £ 58 Buy Rating: Good 4.3 153 opinions Label: CA72 dB More information

read more: http://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-details/nokian-line-205-55-r16-94-v-xl#68714905
The content above is the exclusive property of Oponeo.pl S.A.