What's new

Ultimate drive

Welcome to TA mate. If it was me I would go for the 330i. Theres no comparison, I think the Beemer is styled better, drives better and looks better than the Accord. Don't get me wrong I love the Accord and always will but when it comes to the cruch The beemer is in another league. Hondas are value for money and reliable. If this is your goal then get the Accord.

I'm with Faddy on this.

Agree with Fahad & Shabz about BMWs ( the 330i is an absolute peach ) but I would want to pay more than your budget to get a good un. So really I must agree with Andy.

Thanks for your input guys

As mentioned it is not possible to get a 330i at the moment due to Tesco car insurance not insuring me.

Looks like its going to be the accord type S.

Andy if you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for your 04 accord type s?

Thanks for your input guys

As mentioned it is not possible to get a 330i at the moment due to Tesco car insurance not insuring me.

Looks like its going to be the accord type S.

Andy if you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for your 04 accord type s?

Howdy mate, mine isn't an 'S' it's an 'executive' (oooh posh!) :lol:

I paid £4k for it and it's in outstanding condition.

Thats cheap

Private or from a garage?

Private mate. I'm well happy with it.....I was on the verge of purchasing a e46 BMW tourer but I'm real glad I didn't. I love the spec (better on the executive than the S I think) and it drives beautifully tbh. Obviously not as 'sporty' as a BMW but bigger, better specced and more comfortable.

Nice 1

I've just seen this one and the guy hasnt sold it. I may pop down to see it as its close to my home

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/250839557371?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp5197.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D250839557371%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Not sure how much difference it will make on the insurance as its an import but he was looking for around £3800 which is not bad

Nice 1

I've just seen this one and the guy hasnt sold it. I may pop down to see it as its close to my home

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/250839557371?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp5197.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D250839557371%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Not sure how much difference it will make on the insurance as its an import but he was looking for around £3800 which is not bad

Not keen on the beige leather personally. THIS one solves the leather problem but it's an auto which some may dislike (I like 'em) ends in 3 hrs though.

Just noticed I've linked to a tourer......sorry mate, I ***ume your after a saloon. :)

Guys i've just had an email from the garage in surrey for the accord type s

We have taken some more pictures of the Accord and I have attached pictures of anything unpleasant to this email.

The photos attached to this email are of the 4 alloys (which are currently due to be professionally refurbished on Saturday) and after walking round the car again this morning I couldn't see anything else to crticise. Inside and out it is in very good condition and no bumper scuffs!

We have also updated the photos on our adverts and the best place to see those is on ebay. If the link below doesn't work then put the item number (320719478194) into the search box in ebay and that should take you straight to them.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2003-53-HONDA-ACCORD-2-4-I-VTEC-TYPE-S-4DR-/320719478194?pt=Automobiles_UK

I've also had another look through the service history and it has actually been looked after by the same Honda main dealer throughout (they did change from being called dixon honda to stratstone honda but the address is the same). The services were completed at 10192 (miles), 20049, 29607, 38250, 44774, 52273 and last done at 58211 on 17/9/10. The current MOT runs until 23/09/11. It was tested at 58211 and no advisory notices were issued.

As I said on the phone last night, we'd do the car for £4500 with the wheels done and a new Mot or you can have it for £4300 as it is. Sorry to take a while getting this over to you and just give us a call if there's anything else you need.

Many thanks,

Chris Earland

Byfleet Car Sales
-----------------------------------------------
Is that a good price ???

For the milage i'd say thats cheap, plus the 58k service must've been the first main one so you'll have new iridium plugs and that in there too. Its got the optional extra silver dash trim up the sides of the console and on the lower dash, thats very expensive. I'd take it for £4500 with the fresh mot and refurbed wheels. They way they're probably looking at it its an older car for their forecourt so they're just tryin to shift it quick. I'd be happy with that deal coz you dont see many with that milage anymore B)

Thanks for your response Guru

I'm going to call him tommorow, hopefully try to knock him down a little more as i've spoken to a few ppl and they are saying for a 03 plate its a bit expensive.
Secondly I was probably thinking of telling him not to refurb the alloys and I'll try to find some nice/cheap 18" alloys if i get the car

Guys, I have decided to go for this accord type s

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201126394275703/sort/priceasc/usedcars/quantity-of-doors/4/price-from/1000/maximum-mileage/up_to_100000_miles/engine-size-cars/2l_to_2-5l/price-to/5000/transmission/manual/maximum-age/up_to_10_years_old/model/accord/make/honda/radius/100/postcode/cv66ex/page/5?logcode=p

I had a tight budget and have knocked him down a little. I am going this afternoon so hopefully shouldnt come back empty handed

Hi guys just an update on the type s i went to see earlier in nottingham

few scuffs here and there, alloys were corroded, the front bumper looked a little misalligned although it was hpi clear.
the clutch felt very heavy

the trader has dropped it to £3700 but i told him i will call him tommorow to let him know

Can this be a sign of the clutch on its way out?
if not is £3700 worth it?

Your advise is much appreciated

Can't advise on the clutch specifically, but that is one hell of a drop in price.

Yeh he had it up for £3999

He has said the alloys will be refurbed, the few scuffs will be repaired. It had parking sensors which i liked.
the only downside was the clutch but i wasnt sure if that is standard on the type s.
Me being tight as anything offered him £3500 and told him to put the road tax on , in the end i said at least do it for £3700 with the road tax and he said £3700 without the road tax.
I'll have to sleep over it or probably pop down to surrey for that black accord type s but the guy wanted around £4500 :(

Sorry, didn't realise we had two cars on the go :lol:

Nice 1

Mo,

What happened to this one, I know it's not a type S but it is a whole lot of car with low mileage and Sat Nav within your budget.

Has it gone or did something put you off?

Hi Carl

I've emailed the guy a few times,he is very slow to respond and hasn't provided a contact numbe which is unusual

To me it seems a bit dodgy but the car looks nice.

The hunt for my accord type s still continues

Hi Carl

I've emailed the guy a few times,he is very slow to respond and hasn't provided a contact numbe which is unusual

To me it seems a bit dodgy but the car looks nice.

The hunt for my accord type s still continues

Mo,

just went on the Ebay ad to see his reason for selling, as i recall reading that there was something medical that had taken his licence away (which there was) , anyhow just noticed that it has been re-listed maybe worth trying to get in touch with him on that listing.

My gut on this is that it probably is an more elderly gent, judging by how the car has been kept and perhaps he's not to familiar with emails and ebay, or someone has set it all up for him.

Anyhow here is the re-listed add:

2.4 Exec

I'm fairly new to this Honda stuff but youre doing all the right things. I did my homework and picked up a 53 Type S for under £4k. Its almost mint. I tried a few with heavy clutches which i stayed away from! Drive a few and you'll get a good idea. Ive put at least 2k on the clock and it doesnt miss a beat and isnt that heavy on the juice (unless your foot gets heavy).
Insurance wise... under £600 for the year! And thats me and the wife fully comp! Downside is Tax :(
Great car so far in my experience!