What's new

Unchip ECU

lilcow418

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type-S
Right ive recently came across unichip and they do alot for Hondas and ive heard good reviews on them and im thinking getting one fitted one my accord for the ECU, fitted, dynod and mapped i can have it done for £470 BARGAIN!! but i just want to know has anyone used them before if so what do you think?

Sounds like a bargain mate, never heard of them. Do let us know how you get on.

Isn't this another piggy back system though?

u need to go o someone with a proven track record.. and only one so far who has done our cars with excellent results is xpower no point cheaping out on these things as a good tune means safe engine etc..

Is it a piggyback? i didn't even check. If it's a piggyback you won't have access to all the stock map tables, overlay and subset maps and will only be tuning certain parameters.

If you're spending that much, you may aswell take us up on the offer to tune a K24 - we are not new to tuning the K series.

yh its a piggy back system tbh with you i dont know much about the ECU side of things im an engine guy can some explain all this and heres a link to there website thanks and they work close with owen developments who are just up the road from me

http://www.unichipeurope.co.uk/

It just advances the timing basically, it's one way to make power on a NA car but you won't have access to all the variables to create a complete map.

oh i see so it only part maps then and i was talking to a friend of mine and he said the only problem with it is that you cant adjust the VTC well i was thinking of getting mine machined to 40 degrees and putting a K20A Intake cam as it has a more aggressive vtec cam profile

Ryan, have a good read of the Civic Type R FN2 tuning thread in the tuning section and you'll see what I mean. It's the ONLY way to achieve a complete remap on the K series and yes that includes changing the vtec crossovers etc.

Ryan I've had friends who have used the piggy back system and it's been fine however to gain full potential I belive you have to go down the route of Fahads map process. His thread details what they have done and it's very impressive indeed. I've had a map done from him and over a year on the car still runs like a dream.
My recommendation would be speak to Fahad as they have a proven track record. I've had no regrets at all.