What's new

uncomfortable driver's seat?

hale-pope

Members
Reaction score
Car
10 i-dtec tourer ex
I have had my 8th gen for 6 months/10k now and the front seat is really not much good in my opinion. I'm not fat but I am over 15 stone! Has anyone else ever had any issues and rectified it with an add on car seat or cushion at all?

Cant agree with you there. The 8th gen seats are rated and reviewed as some of the best in its class. I initially found the lumbar too intrusive, but wound it down to zero and its been fine since.

In what way do you find them bad?

not enough lumbar support, too much? not enough under thigh support?

On journeys longer than 1 and a half hours, the front seats were quite uncomfortable, there's not enough support for the middle part of your back. The rear seats on the other hand are excellent on long journeys.

I have no problems with the seats and think there an improvement to the 7th gen

I find there is a lack of thigh support on longer journeys. I do not have a way of adjusting lumbar on my electric seats.

hale-pope said:
I find there is a lack of thigh support on longer journeys. I do not have a way of adjusting lumbar on my electric seats.
The lumber support is to your left on the side of the seat and is a manual adjuster.

brett said:
Still an improvement? The 7th gen seats are amazing on long trips

I bought my 8th gen nearly a year and a half ago. At first I found the lumbar too intrusive, so I put it to zero.

Now I find it ok for about an hour, but on long trips I find it much less comfortable than my 7th Gen was.

brett said:
Have to agree with Brett my 04 accord seats where great but my 8th gen seats are better but have no problems with either even on long journeys

I understand the Accord Large Project Lead used Physiotherapists and the like to develop the 8th gen seats.

I drove to and from York last night via Leeds and Leicester. 8 hours driving and for somebody with a slipped disc cannot complain and find the driver's seat supremely comfortable. I'm under 60kg.

FarHanSolo said:
I'm under 60kg.
crikey, ***uming you're a bloke, "under 60 kg" is light, not surprised you can drive for 8 hours in the Accord and still find it comfortable, I'm 6ft 2in and 80 kg and I find 3 hours about the limit

Yep a bloke that's 170cm tall, which is in the goldilocks zone for my weight and height according to the NHS. The whole BMI is apparently baloney. Men are supposed to have a waist of 33" max whatever their height according to some professor I heard on BBC Radio 4!

I'm 5'7" and weight 60KG. Sometimes I drop down to about 58KG or so depending on lifestyle (too much work, too many cigarettes and not enough sensible food).

It's an ok weight when you're a shorty and is just inside the ok area on the BMI stuff.

Nice nice. Sorry I didn't mean to turn this into a lifestyle blog. All I'm saying is the Accord seats are a mighty fine place to be in, especially when in leather and heated

Seriously though, the actual weight in the seat must be the main issue, as a seat can only tke so much weight before it begins to distort.

On the subject of BMI, the main problem is that a weight-lifter can easily have a BMI over 30, which would imply obesity. Better than BMI is % body fat. I am the same weight now as I was when I was 18, but, because my weight has been up to 100 kg in the past (and I was not a weight-lifter), my % body fat is still more than it was when I was 18 i.e. although I have a "healthy" BMI and same weight as when I was 18, I have more fat in my body (and less muscle) than when I was 18 :(

I was the original poster and must say that I was twig and I thinking just had a bad back as I've since done many long journeys and it is mega comfy.

hale-pope said:
I have had my 8th gen for 6 months/10k now and the front seat is really not much good in my opinion. I'm not fat but I am over 15 stone! Has anyone else ever had any issues and rectified it with an add on car seat or cushion at all?

hale-pope said:
I was the original poster and must say that I was twig and I thinking just had a bad back as I've since done many long journeys and it is mega comfy.

haha proof that it takes a loooooong time to test-drive a car :lol: