What's new

Uncomfortable seats

I'm no doctor but I do suffer from back problems sometimes as I spend a lot of time in the car and at my desk.. I know it sounds really obvious, but it's absolutely about having the correct posture.

@ alloy36, I'm of a simular build and never really got comfy in those seats, seemed to be made for small people.. the 8th gen is better but I'm still not totally happy, perhaps it's that I like to be quite upright.. feels like I need support between the shoulders

I will try pulling the wheel out more and reclining slightly, if it works I'll be kicking myself (and smiling) lol

J

I'm already kicking myself!!!

This week has been good. Pulling the steering wheel out makes so much of a difference its amazing and i still can't believe i suffered for 10 months like an idiot.

On the other thread someone mentioned that the armrest also slides out. Will be trying different adjustments with that this week.

I read somewhere that the best position is to have the wheel so that the top of your steering wheel reaches your wrist when you put your arms straight forward.

I suggest you set your seat position and recline to a comfortable setting then adjust you steering as i mentioned. Slide your armrest out to suit. Should be more comfortable.

Also next time get an exec.

Hope it works for you mate.

I'm already kicking myself!!!

This week has been good. Pulling the steering wheel out makes so much of a difference its amazing and i still can't believe i suffered for 10 months like an idiot.

On the other thread someone mentioned that the armrest also slides out. Will be trying different adjustments with that this week.

I read somewhere that the best position is to have the wheel so that the top of your steering wheel reaches your wrist when you put your arms straight forward.

I suggest you set your seat position and recline to a comfortable setting then adjust you steering as i mentioned. Slide your armrest out to suit. Should be more comfortable.

Also next time get an exec.

Hope it works for you mate.

Cheers Alloy36, when I get it back I'll be trying it out, Arm rests I got used to very early days.. I'm on my 3rd Exec
being in the right place and a good deal on the first one set a slippy path..

J

J

Last saturday I did a round trip of just under 500 miles ( Portsmouth to Bruges and back in a day). We left at 6.00am and got back at 11.30pm ( most of the day was taken up with sitting in the car apart from when we were on the ferry or walking round Bruges , I got out of the car when we got back feeling like I had just taken a drive to the local shops .

My type s has the half leather seats and I have to say I find them very comfortable indeed.