What's new

update on update of whistling sound

philjory

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord
My Turbo was collected by midland turbo's and the next day they phoned me to tell me that there was damage to the blades and also that the shaft was not as true as it should be. The cost to recondition the unit would be £460 + vat i agreed the price and the unit was delivered back to my home two days later and refitted. The labour cost was £80. The car now drives as good as it ever did.
Thanks to Midland Turbos for a job well done and a 12 month guarantee

My Turbo was collected by midland turbo's and the next day they phoned me to tell me that there was damage to the blades and also that the shaft was not as true as it should be. The cost to recondition the unit would be £460 + vat i agreed the price and the unit was delivered back to my home two days later and refitted. The labour cost was £80. The car now drives as good as it ever did.
Thanks to Midland Turbos for a job well done and a 12 month guarantee

did you ask for the old parts back ? i would be very interested in seeing the old damaged blades.

Most of the time it's on an exchange basis so your not likely to get the old one back. They tend to re use as many of the parts as they can .

Glad you got it sorted mate.

well done, I bet your relieved that little saga is over.

Do you know what could of been the cause? so not to re-occur unless it was damage to the housing caused by shaft play.

Most of the time it's on an exchange basis so your not likely to get the old one back. They tend to re use as many of the parts as they can .
It all depends how much work needs doing, if it's only 1 or 2 parts being replaced it's quicker for them and cheaper for you to repair yours and give you it back. If it's had a full meltdown and needs a complete rebuild you just get an exchange unit.