What's new

Update on whistling sound

philjory

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord
I have been working out of town for the last week but i did try to order a recon turbo from Midland turbos but they needed the part number and advised me to contact honda and ask them for it. Honda refused saying that they don;t give out part numbers but they would supply me with a replacement turbo at a cost of £1900. I then had to get in touch with a mechanic and get him to take a look at the car and if need be to remove the turbo so as to get the part number. After removal and in his opinion he said that it don't look as though there is a problem with the turbo no louse parts or rattles etc and that was also the opinion of his college's I then got in touch with midland turbo and asked their advice , they said that it could be a build up of carbon inside the turbo that cannot be seen without dismantling it and they don't have my part in stock and that i would have to send my turbo for them to recondition. They also said that the problem could be caused by a blockage in the exhaust or a leaking gasket

I used midland turbo last year for a refurb on one of my vans. They are only a mile from me so I took it into them, fantastic service they phone with there findings before doing any work as well. My turbo was sat on the counter, and I thought it was a new one, very good indeed, and I don't say that very often :) you will need to replace the oil return pipe for their warranty to be honoured which you will need from Honda. Mine cost £180 inc vat which is cheaper than the price they quoted.

I would have thought if the Turbo had a bad carbon build up your EML light would be coming on all the time because of over boost issues where the veins get stuck open.

I'm sorry mate, but it's not clear to me still why you're having the turbo replaced.

Have you had it confirmed by a good mechanic that your turbo is goosed?

I'm sorry mate, but it's not clear to me still why you're having the turbo replaced.

Have you had it confirmed by a good mechanic that your turbo is goosed?
At least 4 mechanics have said that they can't visually find a fault with the turbo but at the same time they can't find any other fault with the engine that could be making the noise. So i may have to go with the advice from Midland turbo that it could be a build up of carbon