What's new

Upgrades!

vygec

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord EX
Since i got the car just over a month or so ago, i really wanted a more sportier look to my completely standard 2.0 EX. The car was due to be booked in for some upgrades with my local dealership yesterday, but the whole family had come down with either a really bad flu or the ****** noro- including me. So me dreading the worst, phoned up the dealership to explain, i wont be able to bring the car in, and to postpone for another date. The response was 'no problem sir, we can arrange a collect n drop if you would like'. Which instantly got the thumbs up from me

So just got it back this evening, and I'm really pleased with the results. The only blip, was that i noticed no sports grill . Phoned up the dealership immediately, and they explained that the image pack doesnt list it as an item. i pointed them to the Honda UK website, and they were completely puzzled why their listing on their systems wasn't adding up to the web page results. Anyhow, they came back to me, suggesting that they had spoken to Honda, and that they were arranging to send a sports grill at no extra cost!!, but did insist that this was not part of the image pack. So this will be installed in a couple of weeks.
For me the wheels, the spoiler and the kit, completely change the look of the car. Just some quick pics from the phone for now.

20130131163730.jpg

20130131163738.jpg

20130131163826.jpg

Nice fella

Looks great ;)

That sports bumper makes huge difference to how these look, grille should help further too B)

Wheels are £180 each plus tyre at approx £130 each.

I'd be interested to know if the Honda dealer buys the old bumpers and wheels/tyres, or can you keep them to refit later or sell to offset cost of the kit?

Dealer was not interested in taking back anything. Reminds me, I need to get a post up because all the previous stuff will be up for grabs :)

no more money ideas please :lol:

If there was a petrol Type S in the 8th gen, i wouldn't have thought twice.

Looks lovely mate and the same grill as mine.
I would say get some illuminated door step plates like mine for the extra bling.
But not cheap mine were about £400 fitted

nice, but not keen on that chicken mesh grill...!
Eric this sports grill is 100 time better than all that chrome on the oridenal one.This was the 1st thing i had done on mt car.

Very nice. I particularly like the wheels. In the best colour too (not that I'm biased)!

I'd like change the alloys on ours too but it's really the Mrs car and she isn't bothered.