What's new

Upgrading Cd player to sat nav

Kool Keith

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord i CTDi 2.2
Hi

So basically I have 56 plate diesel accord and I want to swap the head unit with the sat nav head unit, is it possible to simply take out the cd player and swap it?

Thanks in advance

not sure I fully get what you want to do, but if I interpret one way, the answer is no

Yes, it's not a simply matter of just changing the headunit. The units have different connectors between the Nav and non-Nav version. Also, the Nav version has additional items line antenna, DVD readers, etc.

It is possible as long as you get the full set of Navi Dvd-Rom, Navi Display, Dash Kit, GPS Antenna, small display that comes with the dash panel, cables with connectors (preferrably uncut), and most important for you is, if it is a diesel then all should come from a diesel donor, petrol donor won't do, it will burn the AC Compressor and other stuff as well.

^ on Accords with satnav, the A/C controller is a unit integrated into the satnav display, and the A/C in the diesel is very different from the A/C in the petrol.

I said that petrol A/C controller is not suitable for diesel ones. You can possibly go the other way around. So be careful when changing AC controller on a diesel one.

crown_bg said:
I said that petrol A/C controller is not suitable for diesel ones. You can possibly go the other way around. So be careful when changing AC controller on a diesel one.
I don't think that the two A/C controllers are compatible in any way at all

ukcl9 said:
Can i take out a premium sound system with 6 disc cd changer radio non satnav from a diesal and use in my petrol,without killing the ac?

Thanks
good question, on non-satnav systems, I'd say "possibly", but I'd have to check the circuit diagrams of the non-satnav system to be sure where and how the A/C controller interfaces to the front panel

edit: thinking about it, I don't think it makes any difference whether the car is satnav or non-satnav, the sound systems (6-CD or 1-CD) in the petrol and diesel should be interchangeable on a like-for-like basis, which is different from upgrading from non-satnav to satnav

i.e.
you can take a sound system from a non-satnav diesel to replace the same sound system in a non-satnav petrol, and vice versa
you can take a sound system from a satnav diesel to replace the same sound system in a satnav petrol, and vice versa

but upgrading sound systems is more complex, particularly if you want to upgrade from a non-satnav to a satnav, and even more so when crossing a petrol and diesel satnav (because of the A/C interface)

ukcl9 said:
Can i take out a premium sound system with 6 disc cd changer radio non satnav from a diesal and use in my petrol,without killing the ac?

Thanks
I believe it is possible, but consult with a good electrician who can get hands on the curcuit diagrams. The Non-SatNav lacks the display, otherwise the controller is the same.
Transplanting premium sound to non- premium requires very good knowledge in how the electrical curcuits of the car work.
I am not saying it is impossible, but if you want to have it like stock one, you need a very well-knowledged person with Hondas systems, unless you are not one and can do it yourself, then you only need the circuit digrams.

There will be no problem with petrol to petrol or diesel to diesel. The original question asked, just as yours, is regarding mixing diesel with petrol.

Off:
By the way, how is life in Canada, how is reflashing going on?

Hi, has anyone sucessfully changed a CDplayer to Satnav unt for a 2003 - 2007 Honda accord please ?

thanks
Sunny

I have Accord diesel NON-SATNAV and also tried to fit SATNAV went to every mechanic checked every possible things but it's almost impossible. Not one mechanic was willing to take the job coz it's time consuming and would be pricy than you willing to pay. You need to get full wiring fitted and to that you need access to fuse box all that stuff. basicly it's too much so I fitted Parrot Asteroid Smart bellow head unit. Or you can by one from China same unit android version.

There is one sound shop here in Dublin and they wereally asking me €1800 if I'm not mistakin and few days without car.

Wow... €1800 !! Cheaper to but a Garmin Satnav lol

I may have to send the unit back i think.

Thanks for the updat guys.

The work is very tricky and there is a lot of wiring to be done, and not only that. It is specific job and you must know what you are doing. For Europe it might be that, for Bulgaria this is too expensive. You will get this done for a lot less than that.