What's new

Uprated Exhaust Manifold; Standard Cams

stu08

Members
Reaction score
Car
TBC
Hi all,

Planning to play with my K20A6 Accord. Yes I understand that it's not worth it for the gains, better off buying a 2.4 etc. but I love the thought of my 2.0 with 170 BHP setup for handling.

Can I fit an uprated Exhaust manifold and exhaust with standard cams? Or will I lose power and torque?

Thanks for any advice.

Stu

Its an eco engine,you wont see 170 bhp out of it,without spending thousands.
You can change the manifold,you might see a small gain,but i think more likely to see low end torque loss
Give it a go why not,dyno before and after.

I fitted a spoon 4-2 2-1 manifold with decat,i lost a lot of low end torque,but made 7 bhp more at peak,

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a shot; I'll get a custom exhaust place to fabricate a cat and bolt the standard exhaust up to begin with.

What do you think a CAI, manifold and reflash would make?

It will cost you £750 ish,you might not even see any gain.most likely loss torque,then you have to factor in the aftermarket manifolds are for the cl9.yes they fit the cl7 but the head is 20mm shorter,so your 2-1 and cat section will sit 20mm closer to the road,if lowered you will grind out on speed humps.i wouldn't bother.

Cia,exhaust,reflash,MIGHT see you 160bhp

Ah right!

Change of plan in that case. I'll get the reflash and CAI. Will find some light wheels; decent coilovers and set the car up to handle well. No point spending the money on the manifold if I'll have those issues.