What's new

urgent help needed

AlanJM

Reaction score
Car
honda accord
hi all , i have got to fit both front abs sensors to my 06 plate accord cdti. however im unsure what one is n/s and what one is o/s , i purchased them from honda today and i cannot find a part number online to match against them. any help would be much appreciated.
part numbers are 57450-SDH-003 also says K0X09
other part is 57455-SEF-013 also says K0V09

thanks

Alan

Welcome along Alan.I don't no the part numbers but could you ring Honda and ask them.

cheers for the welcome , id need to wait till monday morning and i need to fit them for monday. i use my accord as a taxi so its gotta do its compliance test . been a total nightmare. cars been off the road two weeks now. was irst put into arnold clark to have new brake pads and discs replaced front and rear was also to have front suspension arm bushes and drop links replaced , finished off with a mot check , they gave me the car back and it failed on 1 thing ... ball joints being worn!! so back to arnold shark and their response was well we would pass it even though there was slight play , a taxi test is stricter , i was rather shocked by there response. they then replaced the hub ***embly as they claimed you cant get the ball joints as a single unit , well i found out from honda you can at an eighth of the price , however it would be aftermarket ones as hondas are on backorder. so fixed it was and ready to go , allegedly had no probs with the abs sensors then an hour later the did have n wanted another three hundred quid upfront so i removed the car n now left to do it myself , an expensive lesson has been learned here.. NEVER go to Arnold Clark. so im now off work another weekend and having to right letters to arnold clark, trading standards and vosa.

Alan firstly are you sure that both need replacing? Have you done a proper diagnostics with Honda machine and not just taking AC word for it? As for the front two sensors they should be the same, as I purchased drivers side US sensor for my last Accord to fit onto my passenger side. How much did u pay for these sensors btw?

IIRC AC have a bad reputation here - Trading Standards and VOSA might well have a field day with them.

Not another AC thread! Man I wish someone would throw the book at them already.

As for the ABS sensors, the sensors can fit either o/s or n/s - the only difference is the bracket that the 10mm bolt goes through. Best thing to do is jack up the wheel and check the new sensor against the old one.

thanks for the replies , well saturday night was taken up by me and a friend fitting the sensors, it was rather simple to fit as the bracket at the top has a little hole in it where the bracket on the sensor cable. only difference between them was the n/s sensor is slightly longer between the grommet and the orange connector. it only took half an hour each side to fit , well after we worked out the route as arnold clark had gave us the car back without the old sensors being put back on , which im pretty certain is extremely dangerous ! ive drafted up a letter to arnold clarks MD aswell as sending a copy to both vosa and trading standards.

Good man! keep us posted.

The car had no sensors in??? No sensors = No ABS.

Another reason to avoid this bunch of shambles.

Arnold Clark again name and shame them.there is so many cars with problems from these people.