What's new

US Ebay Header for 2.4 accord

johnny 5

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type-S
Hi all, I have a 2.4 type-s and altho it is relatively swift, I (like a lot of yourselves) want to get a bit more power and torque out of the 2.4 lump. I appreciate you can get open cone air filters and straight through unsilenced 2.5" exhausts, but im not after a loud setup (had all that before on my ep3, vti, and b18 eg)...i didnt buy this car for all that anyway ;) I am working on making my own icebox style CAI with the OEM airbox and a drop in filter :p

So i read the header is restrictive so i have been trying to look into this. I see there are some cheap ebay headers from US, has anyone actually tried any? Yes i know you get what you pay for, but I was hoping any aftermarket header is better than the restrictive stock header. Also i know a 2.5" collector will improve flow, but how would one get around this at MOT time, as i am not swapping out the header each year for the MOT!!

so to summarize, how restrictive is the OEM header and lets say I bought a cheapo header from US ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/J2-4-2-1-Stainless-Steel-Race-Sport-Exhaust-Header-Acura-04-08-TSX-CL9-2-4L-DOHC-/121111224010?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c32ca9eca

for example, would I realistically expect much gains? Also where on earth do you buy a decat from and is it the same length as an ATR/prelude decat? I think with a free'er flowing airbox and header+decat combo, I would be happy with the gains for a daily cruiser.

Think most of the guys will recommend going for a weapon-r header which comes with de-cat or the plm style one that deletes the cat completely as it's so long. Slightly more ££ but far higher quality and should see the engine being a bit more rev happy with a few ponies to boot.

I'm going to be making this decision too fairly soon and after a lot of reading it boils down to these two, Carl with the brown type-s has just picked up a weapon-r maybe he can chime in

Thanks for the input Egap08. Do you have any idea where I can get a weapon r header and how much it costs? Is it import only from US?

There are a few K series headers here.

Cool thanks,but the weapon r should be better value once I find out where to get it...it seems to give good gains too!