What's new

Using a Blue Print ADH22255 Air Filter on ICDTI Accords

accord_n22

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord I-CTDI
Hi Guys,

It seems genuine Honda air filters for the Accord ICTDI engines are sky rocketing in price recently.
Ive always used genuine but now looking at alternatives.

I know the fuel filter must always be genuine, but is using an third party air filter ok to use?

I am looking at the Blue Print air filter ADH22255
Blue print make pretty decent filters.

Has anyone had issues with using Blue Print Air and Oil Filters?

Cheers guys

I have used them but I like the oiled type like the stock filter, I think its Herth and Buss that make an oiled filter but can't be sure.
The oiled ones definitely catch more particulate matter than the dry ones IMO.

It will be fine.

I have used them but I like the oiled type like the stock filter, I think its Herth and Buss that make an oiled filter but can't be sure.
The oiled ones definitely catch more particulate matter than the dry ones IMO.

Was the original design for the Mk7 an oiled filter ?

Many aftermarket motorbike filters were oiled, but Hondas stuck to paper from the 1960s right up to the 2000s.

This is new to me as well. The only oiled filters (apart from the stock VW oil bath) I have used were sticky oil impregnated foam that clogged up the moment you hit a dirt road. So what are these original Honda filters?

They have a green paper membrane that has a light oil impregnation. I think they are Tokyo Roki manufacture.

Try autodoc. I know the delivery is pricey but if you are ordering multiple parts for multiple cars it does work out good value. Use the app as it's cheaper.