What's new

Vacuum suspect leak

Paul Davis

Members
Reaction score
Car
2004 accord cdti
To all Accord fans. I have been having issues with major turbo lag on a 2.2 cdti tourer. So I invested in a vacuum tester( I recommend you get on if you don’t have one). Anyway I checked all things vacuum and all tested ok except for the unit that is situated by the turbo, I would say that this should not leak but not sure any advise will be great full ( see pics and video). If it is not meant to leak how hard will it be to change. Thanks.

Hi Paul, most likely an egr issue. I solve them regurlarly. Drop me a line if you want details and pricing

I done a vacuum check on the car and found that the turbo actuator is not holding vacuum. The rest off the system is. How do I post a video so you can see what is happening.

Just change the part then if you think that's what it is. They're not pricey or hard to do

Or (***uming this still works since Freddofrog was driven away) download your own Honda workshop and follow the official instructions... http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/19286-haynes-us-accord-workshop-manuals/page-2?hl=downloaded#entry243007

I'm not aware of anyone having a problem with this actuator, but obviously nothing is perfect. So far as I know, there is an internal 'leak' in such EVR actuators that allows the vacuum to be released when the valve closes (if there wasn't, then the vacuum would be trapped and the controlled device would be stuck at one extreme of it's operation).