What's new

Vax wet vac session today!

richsprint

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.0 petrol Tourer
Ideal warm day to finally wet vac and shampoo my seats and boot with my Vax. Had my car since last Oct, its not really dirty, but nice to clean the seats to make it feel like mine, been too cold until now. The dirt that came out was shocking, esp. the drivers seat.

Took the back seat base out also, 2 push clips under the front edge and a 10mm bolt at the centre back under the seat back. Under it was al sorts of rubbish and old sweets from the 1st owners kids, ergh!!

a33ef9671974bb2ae9ec5fdcfb2ecd32.jpg

46a75ac6f08546774d161861de6f9dc2.jpg

fcc7577c10f60591f9062ed8999c4d3b.jpg

The joys of leather ;)
Did you do ur carpets aswell? Its amazing what u think is clean until u actually clean it.
I have to do this on a daily bases, but thats my job...lol
Nice to have a lovely clean car B)

Only the boot carpet so far, the cabin carpet is very short pile in the 8th gen, so not much to go at, mine has had mats always, so looks clean.

Know what you mean, used to do it also as a job....

Only the boot carpet so far, the cabin carpet is very short pile in the 8th gen, so not much to go at, mine has had mats always, so looks clean.

Know what you mean, used to do it also as a job....

Mats are a necessity in every car as they really do save the carpets in cars, its surprising to see the amount of people that dont have them though.

Great job there Rich and nice to have a lovely clean car

That does make a massive difference. I always wet vac any new car we get in our family. I know it takes a while but well worth it as you have seen. Plus that fresh smell is nice :)

Wet vacs are amazing! I have a Bissel one that's really meant for house carpets, but it made the carpets on my 22 year old VW Golf come out like new!! Did wonders on the Xsara seats last time I was sick in it too :lol: when you chuck in the fact that it lifts out stains from the dog, food, and my gf's make up from the carpets at home it's a wonder how anyone keeps anything clean without them. I actually love my wet vac, especially as I got it for free off my mum :lol:

They spray hot water and cleaning solution onto a fabric, and then they basically just suck it back up again :) it helps lift out dirt better and they're epic at removing stains.

Hmmmm, cleansed car interior. Nothing like it.