What's new

vsa/abs light

moonbase

Members
Reaction score
Car
2005 accord 2.4
hi i am a new member, i have a problem with my 2003 2.4s accord . i have the abs and vsa lights on the dash. i borrowed a code reader and the fault was o/s front abs sensor open circuit/ i replaced the sensor and cleared the fault codes but the lights are still on. is there anything am not doing right or is there another way to get the lights to stay off. any ideas would be helpful. regards terry.

Hi Terry, welcome to TA!

What was the original error code that you read and cleared off? Is it the same code now coming back? Where did you get the replacement sensor from?

Another way to reset fault codes is to disconnect the battery (negative terminal only will do) for at least 20 minutes... might be worth a try.

Welcome to TA Terry you could also try this.It might not be the cause but worth a go.Also i have heard of cases like this where the new sensor were faulty as well.
http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/10513-cruise-controlvsa-brake-switch-clean/

h iguys thanks for your replys and suggestions. i removed the brake light switch ,inspected it and found that the contacts are badly pitted. i have given it a good clean with switch cleaning fluid a greased it up but looking at the contacts i think they are beyond salvage. the initial code i forgot to write down but it was front o/s wheel sensor. i have replaced that. i went and had a look at the fault codes again and it is now telling me fault code 15-1 which is rear right sensor. i have tried the vehicle since cleaning the brake light switch but it has not made any difference. its doing my head in !

Hi Terry, welcome to TA!

What was the original error code that you read and cleared off? Is it the same code now coming back? Where did you get the replacement sensor from?

Another way to reset fault codes is to disconnect the battery (negative terminal only will do) for at least 20 minutes... might be worth a try.
hi thanks for your reply i disconnected the battery and it made no difference. i put the code reader on again and it is now showing me code 15-1 which is rear right abs sensor initally the only code shown at first was the front abs sensor which has been replaced and the code erased that code has not resurfaced only 15-1 . i am now looking for the rear sensor dont, really want to go to honda, have you any ideas where i could source one. regards terry. p.s. i am new to this forum and so far i am impressed with the wealth of knowledge and help

hi guys thanks for all your tips and things to try. i read the fault code and it said o/side rear abs sensor. i have replaced the sensor and the vsa and abs light are now out but i still have the small triangle with exclamation sign on. i have cleared all the fault codes i was wondering will this light reset itself after driving for a while. any ideas would be welcome.. regards terry

hi guys my accord was ok for about 15 miles then vsa light came on i plugged in a code reader and get the code 84-1 i have not seen that code before . the abs light is now ok do i have to reset anything thanks terry

hi guys my accord was ok for about 15 miles then vsa light came on i plugged in a code reader and get the code 84-1 i have not seen that code before . the abs light is now ok do i have to reset anything thanks terry
The fault code 84 is a VSA Sensor Neutral Position but not 100% if the code 84.1 is the same.
You might need to get the codes cleared by a proper HDS if this dont work then it might be a case the VSA modulator unit is shot.

hi thanks brett for your reply i read somewhere that you need to set the neutral vsa position does anyone know if you can set it without going to a main dealer as they will just have your pants down any help appreciated. thanks terry.

Im prety sure you will need the proper HDS equipment to preform the VSA Sensor Neutral Position Memorization.

hi the o/side rear abs sensor that i replaced has thrown a fault code after a week . will it flash a code if the neutral position is not set. i have read that the american acura tsx uses the same sensor has anyone got a web site that will ship to the uk as i have found some but they will not ship to the uk. your replys and help would be welcome. it,s now starting to do my head in. awaiting your replys. regards terry.

Hi Terry, I can reset this and recalibrate your VSA module. I've done this before on a petrol Accord.

Get in touch for a price and arrange to bring it over to Halifax one day.

hi everyone not been on forum for a while due to work commitments. i still have the problem with the abs/vsa lights staying on not had time to fix so now i have a little time to myself i am going to have another go at resolving this problem. i am going to borrow my friends code reader over the week end and check what codes are stored. i went out before and thought i would try the abs to see if its working and guess what it did not. does anyone know is there anyone who can fix the modulator if it turns out that is the problem. i have been looking around at abs modulators but there seems to be quite a variety of numbers could not find one with the same number as mine. do the same model accords have different numbers on the unit. any help would be great. the number on my modulator is sea5 2t14-1340 eavvv