What's new

VSA light

dretheu0

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda accord
Some help someone please! I got the VSA light on permanently one day the other week when I got in the car. My mechanic read the codes this morning but they are not in a format I have ever seen. The codes thrown were:

083D23 (3D23)
085120 (5120)

Does anyone have any ideas on these?

Thanks.

OBD2 codes are normally in the format of P1234 etc.
I believe from reading on this site that VSA/ABS codes can only be read by the Honda Data System as they are manufacturer dependant. Maybe why you have some random codes there?!
I have an open thread due to a similar issue. I read the codes using the paperclip trick in the diagnostics port, which flashes the abs light in a pattern to give a number code.

You're only across the Pennines, book it in with me for a proper diagnostic.

Thanks for the replies. I tried the paperclip method and got the dreaded code 66! I guess I'll have to send it to bba reman. They said they have only ever had one unit with the same model number as mine and that was tested as working correctly so they can't guarantee they can repair it but said it was likely. The cheapest I can find on ebay is £300 which is a lot considering it could break at any time.

Thanks for the offer but with work and the kids is difficult for me to make the trip butiI will consider if you think the paperclip code is unreliable ?

I used ECU Testing.com for my ABS unit with the 66-1 fault and was a 1 week turn around. I removed the unit and posted it off to them. Atleast with this fault your can plan when your car is going to be off the road. It comes with a lifetime warranty too, all for 165+vat, cheaper than the £300 2nd hand one your looking at. When i got it back from them i refitted the ABS unit and bled the brakes. The ABS light and VSA light went out leaving the yellow triangle light on. I deleted the fault codes but 84-1 (VSA sensor neutral position memorization) wouldn't clear. This require a re-set with a piece of wire in the diagnostic socket going from pin 4 to 9, now turn the ignition on. The ABS light comes on then goes out (its self check procedure), now press the VSA button (dont hold it down) and the ABS light comes back on, now press the VSA button again and the ABS/VSA and triangle lights should all flash quickly and then go out. Now turn ignition off and remove wire. Now start engine and all lights should be out..........yippee. I could now delete the 84-1 code
original.gif

Its so nice not to see any annoying lights on the dash.
I've used ECU testing a few times now, even if its just to check the ECU out for around £45. Very useful guys to know