What's new

VSA, Parking Sensors switches

Insurgent

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 08 i-dtec EX
Hi,

I have now invested in an 8th Gen 2.2 i-dtec EX saloon and I am busy playing around with the various switches and options.

One thing that did puzzle me was the 3 switches to the right of the steering wheel:

1. disable/enable the interior motions for the alarm
2. disable/enable VSA
3. disable/enable the parking sensors

None of the above switches indicate whether the option is enabled or disabled, the VSA will light up the sign on the dash but the other 2 I have no way of knowing.

Is this a feature or should a light appear on the switch?

The parking sensor switch on mine has a green indicator and an audible tone when pushed. I've never messed with the alarm switch though.

Mine is the same to a green light and a tone on the parking sensors.
As for the 2 Alarm switches when they are switch off there is a small red light in the switch itself that lights up.
When you open the car again the alarm will auto set itself back to on mode again.
Iv used this function when going in a car ferry.

Hi, Guys

Thanks for the replies, I will have to do some more ****ysis, the switches do work but no illumination of any kind on the switches themselves :(

It might just be a case if the small LEDs gone behind the switches.
If there the same as the heated seat LEDs there an easy fix.

I have the 3 switches on my 8th gen and my parking one does not illuminate either but it does give a tone noise, I am glad it doesn't light up because that might be annoying and the VSA i beleive turns off the hold back on the engine, so if you put your foot down with this switch is on and the warning light is not on the dash then the engine will gradually excelrate to stop wearing the engine down and if you turn the switch off so the warning sign shows on the dash then it takes the engine control off so the engine does what your feet want it too do. Also if you get out of your car and press the alarm button it will illuminate red and allow the microwave sensors to be turned off so the people in the car I.e the kids don't set it off if you need to pop in the garage. It is all explained in the manual, sorry for the long post and hope it makes sense. Martin

To disable VSA you have to hold the button down rather than press it. An orange ! in a triangle should appear on the dash as you're disabling a safety feature I believe. That's what I've found on my petrol ES GT anywho :)