What's new

Vsa Triangle flashing

waj1974

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord i-ctdi
Guys, was driving today and the vsa triangle started flashing on my dash and the abs started to kick in, scarry moment, but after a while it went away....anyone experienced this before???

Guys, was driving today and the vsa triangle started flashing on my dash and the abs started to kick in, scarry moment, but after a while it went away....anyone experienced this before???
I hate to say this but the night before my VSA was shot with code 66.1 this was very similar what mine did.It did this around a roundabout then was fine.I got in the car in the morning and the VSA was on all the time.

Recently, mine has at times come on with the ABS light when driving. Stopping where its safe to turn the engine off and restarting, turns the lights off. However its happening more frequently now. Hope it wont be too costly to rectify.

Can It have anything to do with tyres, I had 2 front ones put on last week and it never did it before that ever

dos the 66.1 code show up on a regular obd code system, or the hds?

dos the 66.1 code show up on a regular obd code system, or the hds?
Im not sure the mate of mine had a very expensive snap on one.If you have a code 66.1 the VSA light will be on permanent.
But this might be a sign that its faulty.Or with luck it could be a abs sensor at fault.The only way to be sure is do a dtc scan for fault codes.

It's an obd 2 scanner cost me 60 quid scanner, no permanent vsa light and I've driven the car for a while and still nothing...

It's an obd 2 scanner cost me 60 quid scanner, no permanent vsa light and I've driven the car for a while and still nothing...
This is odd im just guessing but it might be an intermittent fault but i would have said there would have been a fault code.
Im sure CJ or faddy may shed some light on this sorry i couldn't be more help.

Just a quick question when you said the ABS was kicking in was this when braking or without as well.Just seen this as well if you haven't seen yet.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/1351-brake-application-and-vsa-light-flicker/

Good link bret mine happened when I was going round a bend, abs kicked in I wasn't braking...

Good link bret mine happened when I was going round a bend, abs kicked in I wasn't braking...
Then i would say its an intermittent fault with a abs sensor.When you had the new tyres the guys might have knocked the sensor so it could be just a loose connection but see what others think 1st.
If it is this have a look at the diy by Fahad

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/356-diy-abs-sensor-change/

Could be a sensor but could be mismatched or poor quality tyres causing the system to think the car is slipping.

Doesnt sound like 66-1 fault well at least yet, as said probably intermittent abs sensor fault.

But does the 66.1 code show on a regular reader - or do we have to have a HDS check?

Is 66.1 code a Honda designated code? Reason I ask is because I thought obd codes tended to be P with 4 digits.
i.e P0406. Although I suppose it's still possible an obd code reader could flag up 66.1 with a P code.

The letter helps determine where the fault is - P = Powertrain. B = Body, C=Chassis, U=Undefined - here is a great linky:

OBD Codes Explained

Cheers Dan, only ever seen P codes on previous cars.
I still wonder if 66.1 would come up as one of those codes on a reader. I suspect might, although might be a bit vague, like ABS fault.