What's new

VSA Unit

Rhys198671

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 Estate
Hi People,

New to forum and to Honda's if I'm honest.

I have a 2005 2.2 cdti. 187k, I know moon mileage!

It drives great apart from being slightly noisy on idle. However The VSA light in on and wont go off on the dashboard. I'm aware that maybe a clean of sensors etc may correct this but my real question is what damage if any will it cause if this insist sorted straight away ?

Is the VSA just a safety system?

Appreciate someone in the know telling me the implications of leaving the warning light as it is and what this means for the car etc.

Thanks

The VSA system controls your Anti Lock Brakes and stability ***ist, and it's an MOT failure if the tester sees the lights on..

Cleaning sensors doesn't work on this car, you need to have the code read to see what problem is.

It will either be a faulty sensor or the vsa unit itself. If you get error code 66-1 then you need to replace or have the unit repaired.

Many thanks,

Will get it looked at and see what happens. I know the Vsa units are very expensive, do you have to go through Honda to replace or fix ?

Don't buy a new one, you can either get one from a breaker and have someone code it to the car or have your existing one repaired from someone like BBA Reman