What's new

VSS 3rd attempt?

Kentm111

Reaction score
Car
Accord tourer mk7
Hi, new to this forum but looking for ***istance from peoole in the know.

I have just taken out my vechicle speed sensor (VSS) on my MK7 Tourer diesel, having had mutliple issues with the speedo being hapazard and now not working at all.

Originally taking it out the VSS had a silver cap, this time taken out for replacement with a new one the silver cap is AWOL. No doubt chewed in the gear box. This didnt concern me greatly at the moment as fore mentioned VSS was being replaced. Having now fitted a new one I moved about 20ft and the same issue. I have yet to remove the new VSS as I have thought better to walk away for a moment but I suspect the end cap is also now somewhere chewed in a gearbox.

My question really is when installing the VSS is there some spacer that the bolt seats to rather than going all the way to the gear box casing?

My thought is that the VSS has been installed too far and when I took the original out I didnt see a spacer drop to the floor.

All help is appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Ohhh... just been to relook on the drive... turns out yes there is a spacer. Oops.

Ordering another VSS now :(

Hopefully that solves it. Keep us posted, this is good information to share for our knowledge base.