What's new

Wanna sell you car? (must be Accord EX/EX GT, diesel 2.2L, Auto...)

ship69

Members
Reaction score
Car
'08 i-DTEC EX man 5D
Hi

Following my write-off I have been trying to buy a for a couple of weeks now.
I am looking for: a diesel Honda Accord EX or EX GT with Auto gearbox, ideally an estate/Tourer.
Colour: dark blue or dark grey.
Working cruise control & rear parking sensors are a must.
Must be low-ish mileage...

Anyone here want to sell?

J

Might not be quite what your after but I have a 2007 Sport GT saloon in silver, 2.2 diesel with 58k on it.
£6000 ono

You're right ! No what I had in mind... but not completely out of the question.
Hmm... 2007 is a 7th generation, right?
Is that auto or manual gearbox?

You're right ! No what I had in mind... but not completely out of the question.
Hmm... 2007 is a 7th generation, right?
Is that auto or manual gearbox?
Think I'm right in thinking the honda 7th gen diesel does not come in auto???

That's correct the 7th gen diesel don't come in an auto gearbox only the petrol

Hi

Following my write-off I have been trying to buy a for a couple of weeks now.
I am looking for: a diesel Honda Accord EX or EX GT with Auto gearbox, ideally an estate/Tourer.
Colour: dark blue or dark grey.
Working cruise control & rear parking sensors are a must.
Must be low-ish mileage...

Anyone here want to sell?

J

My 2009 EX Auto Saloon will be returned to the finance company in 2 weeks time, open to offers rather than send it back to the fat cats!!

Pictures can be found on my profile, however I can put more on. The car is clean throughout and has a full main dealer service history bang on every 12,500 miles. On the outside the car is straight and scratch free except the usual couple of small stone chips on the bonnet. The car has covered just under 46,000 miles which 80% of those are motorway travel.

The car is taxed until May 2013 and MOT till November 2013. The car is fitted with 18in Honda Alloy wheels and all tires have 6mm+ on them. In addition the car has been re-mapped by Celtic tuning near 2 years ago.

My 2009 EX Auto Saloon will be returned to the finance company in 2 weeks time, open to offers rather than send it back to the fat cats!!

Pictures can be found on my profile, however I can put more on. The car is clean throughout and has a full main dealer service history bang on every 12,500 miles. On the outside the car is straight and scratch free except the usual couple of small stone chips on the bonnet. The car has covered just under 46,000 miles which 80% of those are motorway travel.

The car is taxed until May 2013 and MOT till November 2013. The car is fitted with 18in Honda Alloy wheels and all tires have 6mm+ on them. In addition the car has been re-mapped by Celtic tuning near 2 years ago.

Hi James2512

Well, yes conceivable... but tricky.

1. Having got it re-mapped, I am ***uming you drove it quite hard... And that will have shortened the life of the thing. I was hoping for a car that will last me up to 200K miles. Just how aggressively did you get the remap done in the end?

2. And, particularly following your remap, I am worried about the auto gearbox. Tell me honestly - just how lumpy is the auto gearbox?

3. In truth I was really looking for an estate Tourer, like my last car. Can you tell me do the seats go forward on the saloon?
(Such a crying shame Honda don't do a hatchback!)

4. What kind of MPG do you get a) in town B) on the motorway/long trips c) overall... at what sort of speeds.

I test drove an Accord from a car supermarket (carshop) the other night and it's gear change was a clunking nightmare! And if I end up having to change the auto gearbox no doubt this will cost me what, a couple of grand? More? All in all, I'm now not entirely sure an auto is the way foward. But am still open to persuasion - let's talk.

J

J

^ did you phone this one on eBay ?
http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/13208-if-you-were-banned-from-buying-a-honda-accord-what-would-be-your-next-best-choice/page__pid__147452__st__30

^ did you phone this one on eBay ?
http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/13208-if-you-were-banned-from-buying-a-honda-accord-what-would-be-your-next-best-choice/page__pid__147452__st__30

Yes. It's rather high mileage for me. Also There may be a problem with the servicing history gaps, but the salesman is getting back to me.

Hi James2512

Well, yes conceivable... but tricky.

1. Having got it re-mapped, I am ***uming you drove it quite hard... And that will have shortened the life of the thing. I was hoping for a car that will last me up to 200K miles. Just how aggressively did you get the remap done in the end?

2. And, particularly following your remap, I am worried about the auto gearbox. Tell me honestly - just how lumpy is the auto gearbox?

3. In truth I was really looking for an estate Tourer, like my last car. Can you tell me do the seats go forward on the saloon?
(Such a crying shame Honda don't do a hatchback!)

4. What kind of MPG do you get a) in town B) on the motorway/long trips c) overall... at what sort of speeds.

I test drove an Accord from a car supermarket (carshop) the other night and it's gear change was a clunking nightmare! And if I end up having to change the auto gearbox no doubt this will cost me what, a couple of grand? More? All in all, I'm now not entirely sure an auto is the way foward. But am still open to persuasion - let's talk.

J

J

Well,

where to start......

1. The re-map was done by Celtic tuning, a very reputable tuning company and one of the good ones out there. The car has been faultless since upgrade and has not been thrashed about I can ***ure you on that one. Whilst yes there has been moments where a quick heavy right foot has ***isted in traffic negotiation but nothing more than the average person would do. The map it's self is tuned for 221hp, however with the auto box only around 180/190 of this is transmitted in to usable power. The torque level has been limited to 299ftlb to ensure prolonged clutch life.

2. The gear box itself is not the best auto I have ever driven, this is at both standard and tuned. In manual mode the box has a very smooth and quick change but sometimes in auto the change from 1st to 2nd can be a little clumsy from the gearbox which is typical of this 5 speed transmission.

3. Yes the rear seats do fold down 60/40, once again however the hole is not the biggest due to the rear suspension struts sticking through into the boot.

4. MPG wise the car is ok based on what it has achieved to-date. Not the best car out there for fuel economy and the manual counterpart is not that much better. But around town with steady driving you can see average of 35/36mpg maybe higher dependent on weather/traffic etc. On the motorway you can cruise all day at 70/80 and return a steady 43/44mpg, some days it has been as high as 48mpg but to get +50mpg you will be tootling everywhere at 60mph.

If it helps the car has a full Honda service history (except the last one due to returning it to finance company) and I have attached a picture below.

In addition I have all the hand books in mint condition, rubber boot liner and the last health check report from November 2012. The MOT found NO advisories in Nov 2012.

I have removed the HID bulbs and the DRL fog light bulbs that I had fitted to return the car back to full stock condition. I was due to remove the auto folding mirror module but will leave fitted should you decide you wanted it.

Id be happy for you to come and have a look and try it over the weekend, but I have until Tuesday to either to pay another month's finance or return and send the car back.

photo8.jpg

What are you replacing it with James? Another Accord?

Rich,

Most will hate me for this but Ive purchased a New Mercedes C220 Estate in AMG Sport Plus trim with the 7G auto box.

It will be here next Thursday but below is one I test drove, ive ordered exactly the same.

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

Great car James, cracking deals on them also at the moment, shame Honda dont compete.

Indeed a great offer, 4% interest over 3 years based on 20,000 miles and it worked out £70.00 less per month than a New Accord or CRV

and the spec is very good too!

Hi James

Re your old Honda see my private message.

Re your C-class Merc, my boss has one and is quite pleased with it. Amazing combination of both powerful AND good economy, esp for an auto gearbox. With slightly careful driving overall he says he gets a full 50MPG (!). The only bad thing seemed to be the IMHO absolutely dreadful road noise for a car of that quality, but perhaps different tyres could sort that out.

Personally I just cant stomach the brand values and would never drive one. Nor a BMW come to that. The anonymity of Honda is one of the things Iike best about it.

J

P.S. Out of interest, how much were you charged for per month for you leasing of the Honda alternative?

Hi James

Re your old Honda see my private message.

Re your C-class Merc, my boss has one and is quite pleased with it. Amazing combination of both powerful AND good economy, esp for an auto gearbox. With slightly careful driving overall he says he gets a full 50MPG (!). The only bad thing seemed to be the IMHO absolutely dreadful road noise for a car of that quality, but perhaps different tyres could sort that out.

Personally I just cant stomach the brand values and would never drive one. Nor a BMW come to that. The anonymity of Honda is one of the things Iike best about it.

J

P.S. Out of interest, how much were you charged for per month for you leasing of the Honda alternative?

Honda wanted £489 per month over 4 years, 3 years made me fall off my chair!

Hi

Just to I'm back in the market for a Honda Accord must be: an 8th Generation (2008+) Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 i-DTEC - manual.

Must have:
- Full Honda service history and with no gaps
- Parking Sensors
- Fog lights
- Low mileage (ideally sub 40K miles)

Prefer:
- Not full leather seats (If leather must have heated seats)
- Not 18" alloy rims (i.e. 17" preferred for better motorway comfort)
- Not privacy glass
- Colour blue if pos

Must have either a warranty or have recently passed a full health test with a dealer.

Thanks

J

Hi

Just to I'm back in the market for a Honda Accord must be: an 8th Generation (2008+) Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 i-DTEC - manual.

Must have:
- Parking Sensors
- Fog lights

Prefer:
- Not privacy glass
- Colour blue if pos

Must have either a warranty or have recently passed a full health test with a dealer.

Thanks

J

Did that Mazda get burned in the end ?? :lol:

Hi

Must have:
- Parking Sensors
- Fog lights

Prefer:
- Not privacy glass
- Colour blue if pos

Thanks

J

If you dont want full leather but do want heated seats that only leaves the EX GT or possibly the type-s if that has heated seats too.