What's new

Warning Lights: VSA & some other unknown one.

dirtyh4rry

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord EX
Hi guys, about a month ago i've been having the following light flash every so often in the multi-info display on my dash (I had to knock this up in photoshop as I could get the light on long enough to take a photo).

RKrJt45.jpg

I've done loads of searches on google (oil level, brake fluid warning light etc etc) but cannot seem to find out what it is. In the past week my VSA light has also come on along with a warning triangle, I was hoping someone here might have an idea what the above means and whether it's something that might be a DIY job or will I have to get the car hooked up to the computer?

Thanks in advance

Any circle with the brackets is brake related, this particular one is parking brake or brake system indicator.
Probably related to the VSA fault, but could also be low fluid.

I would say that that is a brake fluid light by the looks of it. It's best to check the simple things first and then work up. If not post here again and I can go dig out my manual and have a look for you :)

Hi guys, thanks for your help.

I managed to find my manual and it was indeed low brake fluid causing all of the lights to appear, I have since topped it up and all is going well. Just an FYI, the brake fluid was well over the minimum line (which is why I dismissed it as the issue at first), which is probably why the light only came on intermittently (under braking, going down hill or around corners).

Keep an eye on your fluid.. Unless your pads are badly worn down there isn't any reason your fluid should be running low.