What's new

weatherstrips

john_d

Members
Reaction score
Car
Saab 9-5 Aero
we got out accord in 08 and since we've had the accord none of the weatherstrips have ever cleared the windows (either inside or outside), they are all in good condition but they just dont clear the windows, the wife is on about replacing them all but i see no point in doing so as the replacements may be the exact same, anyone else have a similar issue?

Seems odd that none of them would clean. I'm not familiar with the 8th gen, might be worth posting this in the 8th gen section.

Ahh my bad, when you say they don't clean, do you mean wipe the rain off or condensation??

exactly that, they appear to be making contact with the window but obviously not?

we got out accord in 08 and since we've had the accord none of the weatherstrips have ever cleared the windows (either inside or outside), they are all in good condition but they just dont clear the windows, the wife is on about replacing them all but i see no point in doing so as the replacements may be the exact same, anyone else have a similar issue?
Sorry to ask what might be a stupid question, but what are weatherstrips?

I was ***uming it was maybe another word for windscreen wipers, but I now see you've mentioned them clearing the inside of the windows, so can't be that.

I thought it was wipers too, but I think its those rubber strips you have on the doors where the window glass is, on either side inside and out, that cleans the screen of water or condensation when you open and close the window.

My one cleans both, although not 100% effective. For your car maybe change one door and see if it makes any difference.

i thought everyone called them weatherstrips, what do you guys call them?

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17S4A11&block_02=B__3910&block_03=6905

item 7&8

Same here, I would of just called them "rubber thingy next to window"! Good to know the proper name!

I've learnt something today as well!
Mine have never worked. I've always just ***umed my accord didn't have the right "whatever they're called" to take the condensation off the glass!

mine work a little bit. it clears enought place to see side mirrors, but that's all.

^ Observed mine the other day and it is fairly effective as well, clears condensation, but leaves smears of water.