What's new

Weird noise after start car, when i press clutch noise disappears- Movie with noise

taryfa

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Sport+
Hello.
I have a little problem since I bought the car.
Car is 8gen Accord 2.4 manual transmission
36000 miles (57600 km), still sitting OEM clutch.

Problem:

Always after start the car I have a strange sound (like a windmill or something similar), when i press the clutch to end the silence disappear, after release the clutch again, I have this murmur.
Clutch grabs nicely at the top when changing gear.

Movie:

https://youtu.be/tX7VhWmKE6s

The higher the turnover - the sound stronger (in the video specifically I gave it to 2000 rpm, so it could be heard)
Then I push the clutch on and off few times and you can hear the murmur.

Any ideas what that can be?
Thanks

Yep most likely the clutch release bearing. I wouldn't worry too much if the clutch operation is good right now

But clutch release bearing shouldn't be noise when clutch pedal is off and make noise when clutch pedal is pressed?
IMO when clutch pedal is off clutch release bearing is off as well, when i press clutch pedal clutch release bearing is start touching clutch plate and then start working - then should be noisy?
I can be wrong.
I change gearbox fluid (MTF from Honda) and noise is still there, no changes.

Although this car has a single mass flywheel so no moving parts, if the face is slightly warped then it could be catching.. Might also be a knackered pressure plate again causing the disc to catch.

The only way to know is to remove and strip it down. You may aswell replace it all if you're going to do that..

I would live with it until it gets worse personally.

The bearing is always in contact therefore will spin, and make noise, Whether you depress it or not, where is your left foot when you are driving? Off the clutch pedal I hope!!

edgeoftime said:
The bearing is always in contact therefore will spin, and make noise, Whether you depress it or not, where is your left foot when you are driving? Off the clutch pedal I hope!!
also, does it happen when in gear, or only in neutral ?