What's new

what bulbs are for the headlights?

2lexec

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda
what bulbs are for the headlights of a 52 plate 2L Executive Hatchback? the handbook shows only 1, 12v-55w an H1 bulb.
I thought the main beam and dipped beam were different bulbs with main beam being a higher wattage.

thanks
2lexec

cheers Cris. unless the old one gave up just as I got home neither the wife or I had any idea one headlight had gone. I'd just done 50 miles and had no idea.
2lexec

Yeh, they are pathetic,I have been using philips xtreme bulbs for a while now, and have found them to be very good, much better than the standard bulbs!

Just fitted a pair of Philips X-treme H7's to my car. Definately a noticeable improvement over the originals, not amazing but about as good as you will get without going down the illegal route. Well recommended, Osram Nightbraker Plus/Unlimited's are also meant to be good but apparently have a tendancy to burn out fast.

My H1 Osram Nightbreaker +90% lamps have actually lasted quite well. But not a lot brighter than a 'normal' lamp, tbh.

I personally use a 100 watt superwhite bulbs.. big improvement guys.

simorfc said:
I personally use a 100 watt superwhite bulbs.. big improvement guys.
And highly illegal. These will dazzle alot too so unless you want a criminal record, I wouldn't risk it.

They dont actually dazzle much tbh mate.. they have a blue tint to them so stops some of the powerful light getting out but produces a much crisp whiter light and alot brighter than standard... I have never had any problems with them from police and I go into glasgow town centre most weekends with plenty of police at night and never been pulled... also the fact the police wont be able to tell what bulbs in... so there stuffed there