What's new

What do you do with applicator pads

tbourner

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
Abarth 595
So I normally chuck all my microfibre cloths and sponge (I still use one on the wheels :blush: ) in the sink and hand wash them after a go on the car, but now I've got these foam applicator pads and some proper wax, you obviously can't clean them cos they're covered in waterproof stuff! :D
So do you guys just chuck them in the wash box and reuse them as is? Or clean off as much dirt and wax as you can? Or throw them away and use new each time?
I had the misfortune of dropping my Harly supplied applicator on the floor when doing the front, so have used one of my new Megs pads for wax as well, and have some grit on my Harly pad to clean off (or chuck).

Hi Buddy,

Just bang them in the washing machine with your MF.

***uming they are not ultra cheap pads they will come out like new.

Regards

Simon

yep washing machine .
I used 1 for polish , 1 for wax and 1 for leather cream on interior all washed like new in machine

I had to double check the thread ***le for a minute then - thought this was the Boots forum :lol:

Sorry its Friday ;).

Yep washing machine with no fabric softener

Leave them in the sink to soak overnight, then rinse them thoroughly in the morning...however, whilst this approach is a good one, it might entail you doing the washing up....it's up to you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the best way to clean these pads what i find is if you fill a sink up with boiling water from the kettle with some washing up liquid and fabric softner and leave it over night

Don't use fabric softener, repeatedly washing them with it will ruin them.