What's new

What garage can you rocommend?

brodziu

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer i-CTDI
Hi i'm about to change the oil in my Tourer i-CTDI unfortunately i'm not able to do it myself so i need to go to some garage. Have you got ane experience with KwikFit or Equipe which are using Mobil1 or Nationwide Autocentre they are using Castrol which one would you recommend? Thx

if I had to choose I would go nationwide, simply as a few members have used them before and not posted anything negative. Where as kwikfit is a whole other story all together :(

Hi mate. If you care at all for your motor, dont take it within 5 feet of kwik fit. I would stick to a well known local independant garage or take it to a honda dealer. If its just an oil change, it should be fairly easy for any garage to do, you can even DIY it. I think nationwide did an offer a while backk which seemed pretty good, although, I would want to see them pour in the correct grade and level of oil. Always stick to usinig a ggenuine honda oil fillter. If you use the wrong grade oil, it WILL kill your engine.

Hi mate. If you care at all for your motor, dont take it within 5 feet of kwik fit. I would stick to a well known local independant garage or take it to a honda dealer. If its just an oil change, it should be fairly easy for any garage to do, you can even DIY it. I think nationwide did an offer a while backk which seemed pretty good, although, I would want to see them pour in the correct grade and level of oil. Always stick to usinig a ggenuine honda oil fillter. If you use the wrong grade oil, it WILL kill your engine.

Go to Rev Solutions in Rochdale. I had my card done there and watched them work. Take your own oil, it will be cheaper.

Hi i'm about to change the oil in my Tourer i-CTDI unfortunately i'm not able to do it myself so i need to go to some garage. Have you got ane experience with KwikFit or Equipe which are using Mobil1 or Nationwide Autocentre they are using Castrol which one would you recommend? Thx

My local Honda agent uses CASTROL lubricants - the previous year, I got such a silly deal on CASTROL EDGE as they has 1L bottles at 4.99/ litre, it was cheaper than the dealer would have charged me. If you're getting geniune parts for a reputable local garage to fit, why not check out the prices from the likes of Lings honda original parts or Yeomans... for your needs :D

Simon

Guys just to clarify Lings are fine, but when you get a discount from HH they work out very expensive.

I just returned home, I asked the KwikFit and Nationwide for prices and Kwik wants 30 pounds for Mobil1 5W30 and Nationwide 70 pounds for Castrol 0W30, or I go to an independent garage who wants 20 pounds for the replacement and I will bring my own oil and filter but at least I know what I pour: D So if I select the third option what is the best places to buy oil and what do you recommend? or maybe you know what is the price at the Honda dealer ? cheers :D

Nationwide used to do a special offer (35 i think) online, you pay and book it online. its oil+filter but I supplied my own genuine filter. make sure you ask to see proof of whats going in.

I just returned home, I asked the KwikFit and Nationwide for prices and Kwik wants 30 pounds for Mobil1 5W30 and Nationwide 70 pounds for Castrol 0W30, or I go to an independent garage who wants 20 pounds for the replacement and I will bring my own oil and filter but at least I know what I pour: D So if I select the third option what is the best places to buy oil and what do you recommend? or maybe you know what is the price at the Honda dealer ? cheers :D
If i was you i would tell KwikFit they are using the wrong grade of oil it should only be 0w/30 anything else your asking for trouble.

^what quick fit recommends the wrong grade of oil Im so shocked B)

..............................................Yeah right :eek:

It never surprises me at kwikfit! :eek:

Tomorrow I will go to nationwide.they call this fuel economy service plus which includes oil and oil filter change and oil system cleaner :eek: anybody know what is it?

Oil fingers crossed 0w30, a generic oil filter and an engine flush.

Tomorrow I will go to nationwide.they call this fuel economy service plus which includes oil and oil filter change and oil system cleaner :eek: anybody know what is it?

Marketing twaddle probably - might even do more harm than good.,

Make sure it is an OEM filter!!!!!

Just came back from nationwide and to make sure what oil they gonna pour I asked one more time and they told me that Castrol 5W30 when I said that manual handbook recommend 0W30 he said that they will use what is recommended by Castrol :D so I didn't change and still running with the old oil :D

Ok
so i can connect to question
ill be changing oil soon. Will do that in my trusted garage. Question is what is right grade for my 2.4 i-vtec AT?
cheers guys

Can somebody tell me why handbook and here everyone recommend 0W30 but every garage and oil manufacturer recommend 5W30 :D I don't get it. sorry for that I just want to make sure I will pour right oil for my acco :D

ICTDI is a complex refined design and works with tight tollerances, you need to use 0w30 to avoid any premature engine wear or failure. Anyone who recommends 5w doesnt know anything about these engines, my recomendation is buy some oil a genuine filter and get a local garage to do the change for you.

0w30 kolego, it always was :D

If it says in the handbook, and a well informed group of enthusiasts is telling you so, then it has to be right. Check Opie Oils. They recommend the correct grade if you search your car there. Everyone is simply incompetent, wrong. And does not give a **** about your car, just want your money.

Just trust us on this Greg, we've been through this many times over the last few years with members... Oil is the most important thing in your ICTDI engine. Only use the best and that is 0w/30.

I'll do as you saying i'll take me parts and will go to independent garage and try to sort it out. Thanks everyone for all the answers I appreciate it :huh: . I will let you know how it will end

Try and do the oil change yourself, it's very very easy and tells you how to do it in your owners manual. You only need basic tools and somewhere to dispose of the old oil. Even the oil filter is at the top of the engine.. and you will start to learn a bit more about maintenance if you start yourself.

just make sure you use a good garage too mate. Little things like torquing up the oil filter housing to the correct spec are important too, so bear that in mind too, well it is to me anyway...

I know how to do it myself and my skills are quite good so there is no problem, just the point is that I will no get stamps in service book and this condition to have warranty

You can buy you own stamps too mate :unsure:.

Viking Direct is a good place to start.

Ah ok, then yes for manufacturers warranty you will need to use genuine or OEM quality parts and have a VAT registered garage carry out the work.

This is not a manufacturer warranty because I bought a used car that is independent and the condition is that I have to make car serviced in a garage who pays VAT

So gentlemens, oil and filter changed B) Valvoline 0W30 was poured and service book also stamped :lol: the price was £40 found it in Equipe garage.Thank you all for your interest and you help