What's new

What have you done to your Accord lately?

As well as the above some things I've done since the new year are Osram LED dipped and high beams, replaced blue screenwash cap with black jdm style, replaced driver's side driveshaft with new Honda shaft ***embly, replaced parking sensor switch LED, replaced driver's door glass outer weatherstrip, new engine oil and filter, and fitted newly refurbished 18" deltas. I've also got new LCA ball joints being installed as well as passenger side inner CV joint rebuild happening on the 13th.

Mate I know the pain. I was getting knocking front left a couple of months ago, so I got the car up in the air and discovered the left tie rod end had lots of play and the boot was leaking. Replaced both sides (Meyle) the following weekend and the noise was still there. In my haste I hadn’t noticed it was the upper control arm doing the knocking, so I replaced both sides the weekend after (Febi), then discovered that the LCA bush right side had also just failed. Damn these potholes!

Ive just decided to live with it till what ever is rattling/humming falls off, then fix it

Changed the alternator yesterday after some odd noises under the bonnet (and the battery came on at the weekend.

Now I have an airbag light appearing.

the electrical systems on accords are very sensitive, the tolerances on aftermarket alternators are much wider, so fitting one can cause electrical issues in other systems

the electrical systems on accords are very sensitive, the tolerances on aftermarket alternators are much wider, so fitting one can cause electrical issues in other systems

This is the one I bought on a whim, it is identical in every way, except the pulley diameter.

Since I have the original serpentine system, there is one point where two of the belt runs are exceedingly close.

It appears my work has been rewarded, another years MOT in the bag. Advisories on the suspension pins/mounts caused by corrosion/non-excessive movement, plus weepage in the steering reservior, though I did over fill the reservoir a couple of months ago without realising. But is it is same as per last year's test, so I can live with those.

I might crack open a bottle of something later.

Still a happy bunny.

And.......... passed for another year.

Advisories on the headlights (as usual) but apart from a failing tyre tread, nothing else cropped up.

I've already opened a bottle.

Cheers !

New tyres (all season), redone valve lash (last idiot did them: IN too loose EX basically 0), new gasket for the valve cover, new drop links (555), arb bushes, both solenoid gaskets, surface rust repair, aux belt and pulley. And I have to say for the 6 month I've had it feels like I just bought it yesterday. I love the car.

Snapped an injector bolt... No one (no professionals that is ! ) in Edinburgh willing to touch it, becoming a nightmare ( it's been 4 months!!!!) Got a mechanic to try and remove it ...now I've an oversized , not round hole. Call places and they don't show up. don't answer emails, don't answer texts.... Frustrating!