What's new

What mods have you done on your gen 6?

TheDarkOne

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 1.8 VTEC S
Hi guys,

Just wondering what mods have you done to your cars, Accords, and which ones you reckon are worthwile and which utter rubbish?

Cheers

Looks wise I have de badged the back and it makes it look a lot smarter, easy costs nothing and looks good! win win situation

I used a heat gun, then prised them off with a piece of plastic and then pulled what was left on off while it was hot, used a bit of petrol to get rid of the marks and t-cut and detailer worked a charm!

These:

Eibach springs,
VtecDirect Mani, downpipe, decat and zorst,
ported and polished head,
K+N panel filter,
VtecDirect oil cooler,
lightweight pullies,
XTD lightweight flywheel,
Full new set of valves retainers and springs,
DS250 pads,
Bremtech disks,
throttle body coolant bypass,
New standard ATR cams
re-built head,
balance belt removed.
VolkTE37s

All well worth it!!!!

And more to come soon B)

These:

Eibach springs,
K+N panel filter,
VtecDirect oil cooler,
lightweight pullies,
DS250 pads,
Bremtech disks,
New standard ATR cams
re-built head,
balance belt removed.
VolkTE37s

All well worth it!!!!

And more to come soon B)

lightweight pullies??? What impact do they have?
I have a 1.8, not sure if i should be spending on such bits n bobs as not sure i would achieve much gains in bhp

I think light weight pulleys are along the same train of thought as lighter flywheels, slight saving in weight, but more importantly reduced rotational inertia which helps you rev up the engine, and also means less power lost 'fighting' the inertia meaning faster acceleration.

I reckon your best bet is a decent induction kit and a full exhaust system, helps the engine breath properly. Plus sounds awesome in VTEC :D I'm sure some others will be able to advise too, this is just my two pence!

As for the debadged boot, I just prised all mine off by hand and peeled the glue off after. Looks nice and sleek, I'd say go for a custom front grille too but that's mainly cos that's what I did :p

For looks you could get the lips off a type r or sport. Lower it using Eibach springs and some alloys. The type r exhaust goes well with the lips. The induction kit does make a very nice sound.

Vtecdirect manifold
Vtecdirect decat
Modified airbox with k&n panel filter(carbon airbox should arrive soon)
Throttle body coolant bypass(skunk2 throttle body also on its way)
Apexi vafc2 mapped at eurospec
XYZ coilovers
XTD lightweight flywheel

Regular maintenance is whats made a lot of difference to mine,plugs,o2 sensors,valve clearances,cleaning egr valve etc....always helps to have a solid base to work from.

These:

Eibach springs,
K+N panel filter,
VtecDirect oil cooler,
lightweight pullies,
DS250 pads,
Bremtech disks,
New standard ATR cams
re-built head,
balance belt removed.
VolkTE37s

All well worth it!!!!

And more to come soon B)

reading this and the others mods sort of made me feel like i was this guy! ;)
69%20Gratuitous%20Perv.jpg

^^^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Russel is that the LL air-box mod mate?

Yeah thats the one,removed the resonator box etc from front bumper,opened up the bottom half of the air box and removed all the moulding fins from the inside as well. K&N panel filter,and some stainless steel flexi hose run up from the fog light hole.....made the car a lot nicer on the throttle,and great induction roar on wot

HI, I'm new to the site, and to the accord. Posted in the newbies section already. Just looking at some of these mods and I'm intrigued by the throttle body coolant bypass, what's all that about? Also I was considering getting a K&N panel filter and modding the standard air box, but got an unmissable bargain on ebay, an AEM ram air intake system for £50 delivered, so going to stick that in. I like the idea of the filter being completely outside of the engine bay, and also to it not being a completely sealed system, as I had a bad experience with driving a car with a pipercross viper induction system through a flood!

I'm guessing if it was driven through a flood it probably sucked up a fair bit of water!!

I'm guessing if it was driven through a flood it probably sucked up a fair bit of water!!

It did Indeed, the air intake was in the lower bumper, where the fog lights would normally be, sucked up water, tried to compress it, bent the crankshaft! As long as your intake isn't too low then you should be ok.

Hi Craig,

***uming with your last disaster that you went for a short ram kit. :D

Also, what do you mean by 'the filter completly outside of the engine bay'? I ***ume you mean a long ram system. Otherwise the filter will be sticking out the top of the bonnet. :lol:

^^^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Russel is that the LL air-box mod mate?
Well it was some sort of box ;)

Out interest, did you know, all camera phones (and maybe regular cameras) in Japan HAVE to make a shutter noise to stop that kind of thing?

The missus got her uk iPhone repaired in Tokyo and it was immediately "confiscated "by the nerd and a replacement with only her photos copied was produced.

1000Â¥ to who guesses where that ended up.

My guess is either the nerds pocket, the nearest street stall that sells used school girl's undies :lol:

Well it was some sort of box ;)

Out interest, did you know, all camera phones (and maybe regular cameras) in Japan HAVE to make a shutter noise to stop that kind of thing?

The missus got her uk iPhone repaired in Tokyo and it was immediately "confiscated "by the nerd and a replacement with only her photos copied was produced.

1000Â¥ to who guesses where that ended up.

My guess is either the nerds pocket, the nearest street stall that sells used school girl's undies :lol:
Believe it or not Dan, it is also law in most European countries including the UK and Ireland. And yet most phone makers don't key the software for it. Apple being one. Yet use any Sony Ericsson on silent (well the non android ones anyway) and it will always make a noise. It is because it is illegal to take anybody's photo or video somebody for any reason without their permission. The only exemptions are people in the public eye or the press and even then it is dicey. If your pic shows up in a paper without your permission you can sue. I used to manage a shop for O2 and it was a big no no to use your camera phone or demo a camera phone without a persons permission.

Now that the boring moment is over feel free to get back to the usual programming.

:lol: I shall stand happily, yet slightly sceptically corrected - it has to be a bigger problem in Japan - having seen shoes with mirrors on them, AND aforementioned knicker sellers :lol:

Hi Craig,

***uming with your last disaster that you went for a short ram kit. :D

Also, what do you mean by 'the filter completly outside of the engine bay'? I ***ume you mean a long ram system. Otherwise the filter will be sticking out the top of the bonnet. :lol:

It is a long ram kit yes, couldn't resist the bargain, I'm hoping that it doesn't sit stupidly low down, otherwise I might have to chop it down a bit.

I had a CAI fitted to mine and tried short RAM too and the CAI made the best and biggest difference to mine its back to standard at the moment as wasnt sure if I was keeping it but now i am i will be looking to do things again but may go for a concealed filter with a feed coming straight through the fog light instead this time as my filter did start to rust up a little but it sounded so good. now my car has an mot it will have windows tinted, lowered, get my alloy repaired and then wrapped in new rubber and put back on, new filter and pass new interior already have my light up badges which keeps getting everyones attention...

I really like the lit up rear badge dude! Think it looks stand-outish. But not too sure about the front one though.

I do like the rear one better too... ordered them from japan there is a couple of colors to choose from , they are only stuck on temp at the moment till i make them more perm as i wanted to test them in the British weather..

Having owned my car 3 days, my only mods so far have been the throttle body bypass, SRI and the removal of baby vomit(from the previous owners child) from under the drivers seat plus the addition of four air fresheners!

Fitted my AEM long ram kit today, had a last minute day off work due to some unscheduled maintenance. Chucked it on, took it for a test drive.... The first time I hit the VTEC I think I spuffed in my pants!!!!!! I must have looked like a psychopath to other drivers, I had the biggest grin on my face that I've ever had in a car, I've never heard anything like it, it's insane!

Now a question, how easy is the throttle body coolant bypass? Is it a case of undoing the hoses, making sure the circuit is closed and then seal up the ports on the throttle body, or is there more involved?