What's new

What petrol.......

dangermouse

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2L petrol 7th
I always used to just put Tesco Diesel in my Land Rover Discovery but I'm thinking this lovely new Accord deserves something decent so what do you guys recommend?

You've got a while cos the needle ain't moved yet, hope it's not broken ;-)

Thanks,

David

The more discerning of us use Shell V Power.

To be honest I use VPP in the wife's 11 year old Polo - I think cheap fuels are a false economy..

the cheapest diesel i can find... normally sainsburys.

the way i see it is we don't have crap fuel in this country, we are a developed country after all! and secondly, where does sainsburys get its fuel? from the big boys of course.

fuel is expensive enough and the nectar and clubcard points help.

mat.

there is a sainburys next to the shell garage i use so standard fuel is the same price.

there is a sainburys next to the shell garage i use so standard fuel is the same price.

that's pretty cool - i'd do the same!

sainsburys and tesco are the only fuel stations that aren't 2-3 miles out of my way, which also helps.

mat.

the way i see it is we don't have crap fuel in this country, we are a developed country after all! and secondly, where does sainsburys get its fuel? from the big boys of course.

That logic works to an extent, and you won't kill your car by using them. But quite a lot of member experience shows that the ICTDI in particular responds better to Shell V Power Diesel, and gives quite poor economy and performance on Tesco Diesel.

They may well come from the same refiniries (with the exception of V Power Diesel) but the quality and cleanliness of supermarket pumps will not always be to the same standard as the Shell's and BP's. It's your car so do what works really.

Also, I think this thread is about Petrol only ;)

It's not a performance car, it's just a standard saloon car so bogo standard unleaded for me.

if it gets to 2.00 per litre then it will be super cheap and nasty fuel.

That happened to me at £1.00 a litre

If im doing a long trip or something that involves demand from the engine, then i aways stick in Tescos Momentum 99, works wonders on mine.