What's new

What to buy: Accord 8 Dtec Prefecelift or Accord 8 Facelift Dtec

kamiljanikjoul

Members
Reaction score
Car
Executive 2.2ictdi
Hi Members

Recently i Had Small car Accident and my old Accord 7 I-CTDI was written off :(.
I am Planning to buy Accord 8 Dtec and also would like to remap it as previous Accord (done by Fahad, Great job).
I have few questions , more like advice what to get. Hopefully someone can drop me some ideas.

1. is there big differences between facelift or prefacelift model? any technical issues ore something i should look on?
2. Is it worth to pay extra £2500 just because mileage is less example £6500 for 80000 miles and £4000 for 120000 miles?
3.how does is work with remap on them, example: ex or es gt version has 150 horse power and type S has 180 horse power
how much up they can go ?

I am planning to book some appointments soon to see some cars.any advice what should i look on when I am be there?

Thanks
Kamil

Hi Kamil, I've driven quite a few customer cars now and the facelift definitely feels nicer, more composed and classier. Type S will make 232bhp. Standard will make around 200 if pushed. It will need DPF sorting. Facelift can't have egr blanked as their ecu is different and doesn't support it..

Personally I would look for a nice facelift idtec Auto.

F6HAD said:
Hi Kamil, I've driven quite a few customer cars now and the facelift definitely feels nicer, more composed and classier. Type S will make 232bhp. Standard will make around 200 if pushed. It will need DPF sorting. Facelift can't have egr blanked as their ecu is different and doesn't support it..

Personally I would look for a nice facelift idtec Auto.
Hi Fahad

Thank you for a message.

So I recon facelift model doesn't need any work done on dpf,is it positive or negative thing?

If I decide to get face lift model either Type S or ex Is it worth to get one with 120k miles,if the overall condition is good?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

No they all suffer with DPF issues.. 120k car have an issue sooner or later for sure so just keep in your budget to rectify. I'm just saying that the facelift is actually improved under the skin as well as visual improvements.

I am just trying to get decent value car and avoid hassle with issues.

So it's more visual things in between models.
Prefecelift model can have dpf blocked so it's better is it. Can you block it at the same time when you do the remap?
Then I probably Dont have to worry about it? Am I right?

If dpf issue shows up in facelift model, what's the roughly cost of fixing it?

Sorry to give lots of question,

Hi Kamil

I have a 09 auto and its a great drive. Would not hesitate to recommend it. Make sure cars got full service history (preferred with main dealer). With autobox you will see around 29-31 MPG in town/city and motoways 40-45MPG. Make sure you get one with a camera and parking sensors as without them can be a pain to park car as its quite big.

Hero_uk1 said:
Hi Kamil

I have a 09 auto and its a great drive. Would not hesitate to recommend it. Make sure cars got full service history (preferred with main dealer). With autobox you will see around 29-31 MPG in town/city and motoways 40-45MPG. Make sure you get one with a camera and parking sensors as without them can be a pain to park car as its quite big.
Got camera and sensors, but still use the mirrors, the gizmos are a hindrance. As for the rest YES a great car.

Wow the article sounds really serious, so probably there is no point to remove the dpf anyway as soon the MOT will show it.

I like diesel, especially when it's remapped but it might be big cost to pay more money for diesel car and eventually pay for repair the dpf.

Anyone knows how much will it cost If dpf get broken somehow??
Does it come around some milage or just when it's not properly used?

Thanks for information.
I'll consider what is on the market and decide if I'll go for diesel, petrol might be safer option.
I love diesel but lots of going on around diesels recently on the market.

Need to sleep with it and decide [emoji16].

Thanks for help

As usual uninformed drivel being touted across various forums.

DPF removal has always been an mot failure, if it's picked up.

Both facelift and pre facelift will suffer with the issue. Don't let it put you off buying the actual car you want, it's easily solved and we do them regularly.

edgeoftime said:
In that case Jon prepare yourself for walking. LOL
I'll just have to replace it with a petrol... I don't do anywhere near the mileage that I previously did when I first bought my Accord back in 2008, so it won't cost me too much more. I've never had a V8, so when I've run my current diesel into the ground I might treat myself...

Jon_G said:
I'll just have to replace it with a petrol... I don't do anywhere near the mileage that I previously did when I first bought my Accord back in 2008, so it won't cost me too much more. I've never had a V8, so when I've run my current diesel into the ground I might treat myself...
By the time we have worn ours out there may be a V8 accurra in the UK, I recall the Rover when I was in the "job" now that was a motor, and the fuel was free. LOL

https://jalopnik.com/5065969/honda-ceo-acura-will-get-v8-engine

I am gonna track the market and look for diesel, whatever I find better look and condition I'll buy.