What's new

What Tyre thread

Uncle_Gravy

Members
Reaction score
Car
09 Accord CU2 Manual
Hi,

Just after a complete set of tyres for my gen7 that's decent and not bank breaking, It's used for my daily commute, a day out with some mates (Summer "innit") and the occasional blast on some back roads.

Also need 4 wheel tracking as the rear tyres are knackered on the inside, but have loads of tread on them, Good Years as well :'(

Size = 205/55/16

Cheers.

Ive had Yokohama c.drive 2 on mine for 2 years. Quite impressed & u can get them for £75 ech.

Are you lowered or standard? Lowered can wear the inside of the rear tyres unless you fit camber arms. Towing can have the same effect. Some early ones also need different camber arms from Honda to sort the problem.

Some of the big name tyre centres seem to do Uniroyal rainsports quite cheap. Possibly F1 Autocenters?

I got 18" Goodyear Efficient Grip performance tyres all round

Fuel consumption - B
Wet grip - A
Noise - 69

Not expensive and it does what it says, very comfortable and quiet

Dave G said:
Are you lowered or standard? Lowered can wear the inside of the rear tyres unless you fit camber arms. Towing can have the same effect. Some early ones also need different camber arms from Honda to sort the problem.

Some of the big name tyre centres seem to do Uniroyal rainsports quite cheap. Possibly F1 Autocenters?
Completely standard, no towing has ever happened in the cars life.

AndyHK said:
I got 18" Goodyear Efficient Grip performance tyres all round

Fuel consumption - B
Wet grip - A
Noise - 69

Not expensive and it does what it says, very comfortable and quiet

About £58 a tyre, that's very good for the high efficiency specs, need to shop around, hopefully my local tyre shop may have them

I recently got 4 Bridgestone A001 all weather tyres from Tyreland/Protyres. Formula 1 also done a price match.
I paid £70 per tyre . Total = £280 all in.

If I was to order online and have them delivered, how much normally would a garage charge to fit them?

Uncle_Gravy said:
About £58 a tyre, that's very good for the high efficiency specs, need to shop around, hopefully my local tyre shop may have them
I bought from blackcircle.co.uk instead of camskill, because I'm a Tesco shopper and black circle gives me 1200 club card points (equal to £12 of voucher).

I lived in N. Ireland, black circle charge £11.50 for courier delivery, while camskill charge £26.50

You should be charged much cheaper as you're in the mainland.

Uncle_Gravy said:
If I was to order online and have them delivered, how much normally would a garage charge to fit them?
Should be somewhat of £30.

Buy online and get them fitted is much cheaper than order from your local tyre shop. The different between online and my locals are £80-£175, staggering!

I bought a set of Dunlop Sportmaxx RT about two weeks ago in 205/55R16... I have a very agressive driving style on turns and twisty roads, and I can ***ure you they are excelent! treadwear 240 traction AA temperature A, made in germany :D