What's new

What Wheels?

Leigh

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.2CDTI
Hi again,

I am also looking to get some new wheels. I have the standard 16's on at the minute but they are in poor condition and not the best to look at. Can anyone ***ist with the best size to put on. I've been looking at 17's and 18's. Can anyone recommend any wheels?

Stick to Honda OEM wheels, best ones in my opinion are the 18" Storm rims.

You need 5x114.3 PCD and stick to as close to the ET55 OEM offset as possible. Tyres you will need 225/40/18 for those rims.

Just remembered Lee (username impne) is selling some 17" Penta alloys and I think he might have some 18" storm rims for sale too :eek:

Nah 19" Rage wheels def the best I've seen on the accord. Was contemplating trying to do a swap with my 18" Storms.

Rages are very nice but becoming an obvious choice now days

Thanks for the replies. Does anybody know the best place to get alloys from. I cant seem to find pictures of the 18" storm wheels.

Storms for me mate, I've got them and they look amazing on the Accord

Only reason I didn't suggest Rages is that you definitely need to lower the car then.. on the Storms, you can kinda stil get away without lowering as they're 18"

Yep they are getting more common now.. but still a nice rim :rolleyes: although I'm a little biased.

Just remember that fitting bigger wheels may put your speedo out a bit so keep that in mind when coming up to speed cameras etc.

Not if you keep the rolling radius the same - hence slimmer rubber.

Makes the ride a tad firmer though.

Yep exactly, each increase in rim diameter and/or increase in tyre width equates to a 5% reduction in sidewall (for each change).

Stick to Honda OEM wheels, best ones in my opinion are the 18" Storm rims.

You need 5x114.3 PCD and stick to as close to the ET55 OEM offset as possible. Tyres you will need 225/40/18 for those rims.

Hi,

Just wondering about your post saying that you would recommend sticking as close to the OEM off set of ET55 and maybe only use OEM wheels..?

Is there something wrong with after market wheels..?

I was considering purchasing a set of ROTA SVN 18" x 8.5 with maybe an offset of ET45... would they fit on a CL7 or would the arches and calipers catch on the wheels?

Also does anyone know what sort of offset other than the standard ET55 I can get without the wheels fowling on the arches or capliers in order to get a more deep dish wheel... ?

Thanks

Sorry I wasn't suggesting aftermarket wheels are bad, but Honda spent a lot of time and money getting the handling characteristics right so sticking to the same or close offsets and tyre sizes should mean little compromise when you change wheels.

8.5" wide wheels will probably need a bigger tyre than 225 (I think) unless you can stretch them over. And ET45 on it's own is not too bad but coupled with that width of rim and a bigger tyre, if the car is lowered over 30mm then you may experience issues.

I'm no expert, so might be better to let someone who has done this to comment.

Hi,

I was considering purchasing a set of ROTA SVN 18" x 8.5 with maybe an offset of ET45... would they fit on a CL7 or would the arches and calipers catch on the wheels?

Also does anyone know what sort of offset other than the standard ET55 I can get without the wheels fowling on the arches or capliers in order to get a more deep dish wheel... ?

I'm running 17x8 with a 38mm offset and the handling is perfect, but to achieve that I've got camber kits front and back to clear the arches because i was rubbing. Currently running -1.5 on the front (skunk2) and -2.5 camber on the rear (ingalls), only that much just to clear the arches. If i rolled my arches i could run less camber on the rear but im not keen on the whole rolling arches thingy.

A buddy of mine had 19x8.5 38mm buddyclub p1sf2's on his cl7 and he needed to roll his arches as he was getting hardcore rubbing on the rear as his hardrace camber kit didnt allow enough adjustment to correct camber. He was also running the skunk2 camber kit on the front too, so i couldnt tell you if you'd clear without a front camber kit.

The setup you want would look sick as they're copies of volk re30's, super pimp wheels and your outer edge would sit similar to mine according to a wheel offset calculator, but you'd lose 9mm inner clearance so you'd want to double check they wont rub the shocks or any part of the chassis on the inner edge.

The guy i think would know the definate answer would be faz as he's running an extreme setup on his cl7

On a side note, be prepared to clean the car alot more, becuase, thats the first thing i noticed about running flush with the fender, im on F37+ and R40+ offset doesnt stick out at all, but the muck that now flies off the wheels to the sides of the car is a great deal more than the 55+ of my standard wheels, where it got caught up in the arch and mud flaps.

Every car is slightly different might be not so bad on a 7th gen, but get that washmitt ready :p

very true, i think on mine you can see about 1" of tread at the bottom where the arch tapers in, looks really cool. I'll try and get a pic tomorrow :D

17" x 8", 38mm offset = GIRTH & Dirrty Sides :lol:

14122010553small.jpg

hi newbie here - i know what the pentas look like and i like em! but what do the storms look like? any pics please - are they standard honda? sorry if being daft...

hi newbie here - i know what the pentas look like and i like em! but what do the storms look like? any pics please - are they standard honda? sorry if being daft...

shab the man has a set of 18" storms on his accord.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/268-my-accord/

Keep it on 16"s as they are the best better ride, better economy, less tramilining and easier to balance

I have 17x7 and a 40 offset, sits nicely in the arch with this set up, but it's much better after it was lowered.

Keep it on 16"s as they are the best better ride, better economy, less tramilining and easier to balance

:lol: chuckle vision

When you say the ride is better I presume you mean more comfy and yes 16"s would be, but also alot of people would say "the best ride" is more encompassing than that. I went from 16"'s and whilst there is a difference in comfort levels it wasnt massive as I thought it might be. I think overall for alot of people the look and ride is perfect on 18" wheels, only draw back is tyres are alot more expensive.

I have 17x7 and a 40 offset, sits nicely in the arch with this set up, but it's much better after it was lowered.

Agree with Andy, I have 18x8 with 45mm offset and the flusher to the arch look is nice imo.

I would rather stab myself in the eyes than have the those piddly little skateboard wheels on my car. Ill take the 1mpg less and ever so slightly firmer ride.

121507.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I would rather stab myself in the eyes than have the those piddly little skateboard wheels on my car. Ill take the 1mpg less and ever so slightly firmer ride.

121507.jpg

OMG, that has to be a dodgy photoshop.... look - there are the fuzzy lines!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

what are these and can i have a set please?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110634302635&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Didn't they come with the Type S?