What's new

What's that?

AndyHK

Members
Reaction score
Car
06 Accord Executive

I had 280 miles journey today as I'm on holiday, and my car was in perfection condition.

Earlier I took my car to go to pub for few pool games and watched football. I got this fault light shown on the dash when I started up the engine, didn't lose any power or whatsoever, just couldn't feel anything wrong at all........

So, what would that be?
Will it still be safe to drive (I'm fat away from home)?

Hi Andy, until you can scan the codes it's impossible to say..

I've heard that the mechanism is ok if the ecu doesn't go into the limp mode. Is that true?

Didn't loose any fluid, but I got false alarm in the last 2 days and the fob key couldn't shut it up.

Last night I tried to reset the fault code by disconnected the negative cable of battery, the alarm pop up straight away from all the sudden. Again, the fob key couldn't shut it up until I reconnected the cable and kept all doors shut.

I'm wondering if the alarm problem/electrical fault would trigger this fault light?

The fault code has been reset after the battery disconnected for 30 mins 10 days ago.
But the fault return again today, so I went to my mechanic friend and get it plug in, the fault code is P2006, maybe P2004 (he was too busy and he was on his own).

He looked into a civic forum and there has a post about how to clean the engine and change the solenoid. He said it is a very minor issue.

Perhaps someone here can tell me what is the exact meaning of the fault code?

I'd say its the P2004 code. Basically the IMRC is stuck - this is a valve on intake the controls the length of the intake piping. It is controlled by the FSV (frequency solenoid valve). First step would be to give it a good clean! :)

You can't really clean them. On a facelift car likes yours you can change just the filter which is about £35 from Honda.

F6HAD said:
You can't really clean them. On a facelift car likes yours you can change just the filter which is about £35 from Honda.
So, just buy a new valve if that's correct Fahad?

I meant clean the IMRC to make sure it's moving ok. There's a guide here somewhere.