What's new

Wheel fitment over callipers

gary

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord 2.4 ex tourer
Right guys, needing some advice, the front brake calliper carrier on my 2.4 sticks out considerably as apposed to previous Hondas and is giving me problems trying to fit the alloys I am looking at getting, Obviously you can't remove this hoop type bar as that would be just stupid but would solve all the problems so what other options can you think of, is there another carrier that would fit from another model like accord type r etc. I dont really want to go spacers again as the wheel dimensions would only require 10mm spacers which would require extended studs which are a nightmare to fit to be nice and flush. I know this is a Long shot but does anyone have any ideas?

I don't know what kind of wheels you're trying to fit as oem wheels have high offset 55 which imo looks awful with wheel is hidden in the wheel arch, so if you stick with the wheels with offset 55 or less you'll be fine with calipers, tbh I've got bigger calipers from Type S 8 gen which are twin piston and with oem wheel 55 offset there's still few mm gap.

True .. Ive even got aftermarket offset 45 on and they fit over the type s callipers with only 3mm spacers on

I have similar issue on my type s

Off set on my std alloys is the same as rage I bought but due to rage being flatter design they don't clear the carrier at the back of the calliper.

5mm spacers do it but then you can't centre the alloy

3mm are too small

I live near revolution in Newcastle who sell alloys but won't test fit any of the display one offs in the store to see if they fit?

It's a case of test fit but can't find anyone near me offering this service or wait until someone on a forum lists what they've fitted and how

I've sent a number of messages to people around Europe and the US who've fitted rage but no response yet to say how they've got round issue

Apparently a lot of people grind off the back of the carrier but there's no way I'm doing that

Right guys, I took the plunge and bought the wheels, they are 20x8.5 front and 20x9.5 back both 45mm offset however I am going to have to fit 10mm h&r spacer to fronts to clear that blasted carrier. The annoying thing about this is that I have done loads of homework on acurazine and tsx forums and was gutted when I fitted them and discovered they didn't fit, glad I never bought 9.5 for the front or I was up s@*t creek and would have had to sell on at a loss. This leads me to my next obstacle which is that I will have to split my front hubs, press out old perfectly good bearings and replace with new bearings and extended studs so looks like I will be busy for a while. Suppose that what you get for trying something different and not being able to test fit prior to buying, I'm sure it's down to the concave design of the wheel. The wheels are zito 935 as I wanted the concave look and must admit that I fell in love with them when I received them, tyres are 245/30/20 and are stretched on the back and yes don't give me a hard time but they are 5x112 pcd so wobble nuts are being used so please spare me the safety lectures. My choice of 20" wheels was limited, it was a choice between these or judd alloys. Will keep you updated on the progress good or bad.

20" alloys on an 8th gen wow.

Get some pics up when you can. Might be a bit too big, if thats possible?!

You're certainly breaking new ground.

Forgot to mention Impne, just buy h&r hubcentric 20mm spacers either side for your car, they are the bolt onto hub type with built in new studs, your existing studs will protrude through by 5mm but your rage wheels should have recesses between bolt holes that will accommodate this. You can fit these on the back too as I did with no clerance problems at all and yes they are safe to use as TUV tested and come with certificates in box.

Cant wait to see them on .... Must be a design specific problem to each wheel .. Mine are zcw sharps offset 45 and fit with 3mm spacers .... It could be that most of the tsxs ive seen with 20" vossens etc dont have the same front callipers as the type s ?

I have similar issue on my type s

Off set on my std alloys is the same as rage I bought but due to rage being flatter design they don't clear the carrier at the back of the calliper.

5mm spacers do it but then you can't centre
3mm are too small

I live near revolution in Newcastle who sell alloys but won't test fit any of the display one offs in the store to see if they fit?

It's a case of test fit but can't find anyone near me offering this service or wait until someone on a forum lists what they've fitted and how

I've sent a number of messages to people around Europe and the US who've fitted rage but no response yet to say how they've got round issue

Apparently a lot of people grind off the back of the carrier but there's no way I'm doing that
Have you tried foxhunters in whitley bay ? Hes a dead friendly chap and im sure he would let you try before you buy on anything in stock ....

Cheers Mark

Sure that's where I got my alloys for my DC5 many moons ago

Does anyone know what name the alloys of my car are? Delta?
Just for my for sale listing
Cheers

Fitted alloys

Going to see how they go with the way I've got them on, might need a different set up but I'll see over this week

Still need to raise it and soften rear a touch then another trip to hunter system

Looking good ... I think an 8th gen needs at least 19s before it starts to look the knees of the bees

Looking good man. I reckon you could go wider at the back. Either spacers or wider alloys of some sort. Looks mean right now though man. I like it a lot.

I've got 3mm spacers on at the mo but the rear needs a camber kit yet which will push the tops out a touch.

I want to keep it honda alloys so don't want to go down the wider rear route.

Think it'll help when raised a touch as well

I'm surprised the ride has stayed comfortable as well after putting these on as my wife's type r with the same alloys is rock hard

They look great Lee and suit the car mint.
Just make sure the tyre profile on these are correct as the 8th gens are different.
It's probably going to be 40 profile not 35

These are wife's alloys :D

Stole them until she brought mine back home so these have 35 profile, mine have 40

Pic makes them look a bit odd but a lot better in flesh but I'm going to get 15mm spacers in the new year when I get the camber kit. Don't want to spend anymore on it at the moment with lots of bits and bobs to get sorted for Christmas.

I've two teenage girls with a lot of high expectation like they do now for Christmas :D what age can you kick them out lol

Hello folks, just an update on my mission to fit my 20" wheels and am pleased to say that I have finally got there :) , I had to space them out on 10mm spacers up front because of that stupid brake carrier Honda made but to be quite honest I actually prefer it this way as they are bang on flush however I did have to pull my front wings 4mm. I have no rubbing issues front or rear, rear has got quite a stretch to the tyres and in hinsight I could have fitted 255 rear tyres instead of 245 as when I loaded the car to try it the alloy due to camber misses arch by3mm when right down on bump stops. The front I would have also went for 235 instead of 245 for that added extra clearance if I ever do decide to fit coilovers. I must add that this set up would not work if you intend to adjust camber on the rear unless arch rolling is carried out. I know it is not to everyones taste fitting large alloys but I personally think the 2nd gen carries it quite well and am very happy with the outcome, yes performance has suffered but with 2 kids I am quite a slow driver anyway, ride comfort is no different to the 19" alloys I had however tyre noise has increased very slightly. I will post pics for you and hope this helps anyone who is intending or thinking about aftermarket wheels as I know myself this has taken me the best part of 6 months of homework and measuring and even then I still overlooked a simple error, I did manage to address the issue but at an extra cost and headache. If any fellow members have any queries I would be more than happy to give more detail on spec etc to save you the greif.

http://s842.photobucket.com/user/lurajcroll/library/?sort=3&page=1

Hope the attachment works folks.

Fixed link for you buddy. Looks stunning!