What's new

wheel refurb

Steve72accord

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda accord s
I`ve started cleaning up my wheels as there a bit untidy where the road salt has stated to lift the paint , i don`t have the cash to send them away to be done so it will have to be a rattle can job for the moment. So far i can`t make up my mind ( do i stick with the light grey or go darker )? I`m sort of leaning towards the dark grey at the moment.

photo-33.jpg

photo-32.jpg

If anyone spots me driving around with dark on one side and light on the other in six months time remind me to get on and finish what i have started :)

I'd be inclined to maybe try going lighter. The later shade of pentas were actually kaiser silver metallic. While the name might be silver they are a really nice light grey. Plus you get extra kudos points as its actually an NSX colour. Failing that i think Honda Athlete Grey is pretty dark, not sure if it'll be noticable as much as yours are already gunmetal grey

I know it's off topic but I'm really not feeling those City Pack door strips mate :wacko:

I'm not 100% sure about the city pack either to be honest , In some ways I would like to remove them but the foam tape there held on with is a pain to get off plus it might even remove the paint lol. The up side is I've not seen another accord so far with them fitted ( although there might be a reason for that ) so it does have a rare factor to it .

A little White spirit will get the foam tape off very easily. I used it when changing my plates and getting the old foam tape off. Use it sparingly, it will soak into the foam, leave for a minute so it softens the glue, and rub straight off. Then clean the area and polish it. Job done.

I think it will have to wait intill it warms up a bit outside before having a go at it Doc . It's way to cold at the moment.

Have you decided a colour yet for the alloys as im about to do mine and not sure what colour either.

I think I'm going to go with the dark grey to be honest , the pics don't really do the colour full justice as they almost look black but in the flesh it's looks alot lighter. If we ever get any sunshine I'll go out and takes somemore photos .

I think I'm going to go with the dark grey to be honest , the pics don't really do the colour full justice as they almost look black but in the flesh it's looks alot lighter. If we ever get any sunshine I'll go out and takes somemore photos .

What paint did you use ? which colour code cheers.

This won`t win me any points lol , Its a ford graphite grey metallic :blush:

You will need the following to do a full set of four wheels-

1 x large can of primer
1 x large can of clear coat
2 x small can of top coat ( which ever colour you go for ).

I`ve still not finished the other two wheels by the way lol.

I say go darker, I like them...... even if it is a ford colour.... :p

Paul

I've just finished doing the last two wheels and I have to say I'm very happy with the darker look.