What's new

When did Honda offer HID as a factory option?

You need to bake both lamps in an oven until the bond is tacky and split the lens from the unit. You can then unscrew the reflectors and swap them over..

Jan Accord said:
^^So you have OEM HID headlights?
Yes, exactly. Pre-facelift Exec with factory fitted HIDs, but I wanna change my clusters to facelift, except it would seem the lenses are different so it's a no-go.

F6HAD said:
You need to bake both lamps in an oven until the bond is tacky and split the lens from the unit. You can then unscrew the reflectors and swap them over..
Bugger that, I'm not that bothered :lol:

If my car didn't have HIDs, personally I wouldn't bother fitting them unless the headlights had a manual up/down control already fitted.

Jan Accord said:
If you swap the whole headlight units it should be an plug&play setup
But that means downgrading to halogen. Not gonna do that.

Jan Accord said:
Not if you get some OEM HID for facelift
That's the problem, they're rare as hens teeth

Stevearcade said:
The new 2003 Honda Accord with the following as standard:

All models:
Failing rear tailgates (tourers only)
Binding rear callipers
Chocolate drive shafts
Weak ARB Drop Links
Weak ARB bushes
Weak compliance bushes
Creaky clutch pedals
That weird crack, that's not really a crack that appears on the inside of the headlamp cluster by the side lights (you know the one ;) )
Bluetooth modules that don't work (facelift only)
Thin, weak paint
Exhaust heat shield that work loose and rattle

Diesel options:
Sticky EGR Valve
Cracked manifold
Chocolate clutches & flywheels
Failing VSA modulators
Failing Air Conditioning Compressors

Petrol Options:
Unnecessary twin exhaust that splits at the Y joint (2.4)
Exhaust tips that rust and fall off
1 litre per 1K mile oil consumption (2.4)
Jerkiness in crawling traffic (2.4)
Clutch release bearings that dry up and make lots of noise every time you pull away

Exec Options:
Self levelling headlamp motors that seize
Temperamental Sat Nav DVD drives that stop working
Electronically adjustable seats that slide forward under braking

To quote the (very famous) advert for our car "isn't nice when everything just works" :lol:
Well that has put me off buying one now!

Peter S said:
Well that has put me off buying one now!
Peter, don't be put off by that, it doesn't mean you're gonna get all of those problems. I've also went from Rover to Honda. I had a Concerto 1.6i-16, a 216 Coupé and a 400 1.6i.

I have a 2006 diesel Accord with 255k kms and I've only had the cracked manifold, replaced a rear bearing and ... I think that's all, really. I've replaced a cracked fog light too. A year ago I got the sports suspension because I wanted to lower the car.

If you're looking for a CN1 diesel (2004-2008) I'd recommend going for the facelift (2006-2008) models. But I can tell you my father has a 2004 model with about 290k kms and it had the cracked manifold, replaced power steering fluid hose, rear wheel bearing and the air conditioing relay.