What's new

where do i get a turbo kit from for my f20?

silverVTEC

Members
Reaction score
Car
CG9
Hey I'm new to this forum but know what I'm doing on hondas! All I want to know is where do I get the turbo kit for this engine as the don't seem to be catered for to well in the uk! Plenty of upgrades for B,D,H engines on the net, but not the F series? I know to get any noticeable power from this unit ill have to go turbo, because tuning this engine N/A is just stupid and a waste of cash imo!

Waste of time and money IMO.

It will cost thousands to modify the engine and cooling to be enable to run a turbo. All on a car worth about a grand???

Start with something nippy like an Impreza or an Evo that is designed to run a turbo, and try and make that fast.

As above, massive waste of time and money...H22 swap is your best bet.

Wouldn't even bother with the engine swap. If it really does have to be an Accord, sell up and buy a CH1. You can get them for next to nothing!

Just noticed I wrote enable rather than able on my first post. Dork!

get civic, get H22 swap, boost it :) and u are done :) As far as i remember nobody did F20 boost. They rather supercharged it. Many ppl did that and it looks amazing

Pottermus said:
Wouldn't even bother with the engine swap. If it really does have to be an Accord, sell up and buy a CH1. You can get them for next to nothing!

Just noticed I wrote enable rather than able on my first post. Dork!
Yes anyone who bothers swapping motors into these old beautys must be off there rockers!

;)

IMO yes they/you are lol.

It seems a lot of time and money spent to get somewhere that is still not the full package.

A simple engine swap is not really time consuming and the engines are cheap, much cheaper than Turbo route. I think part of the fun is building your own car from a shell and a great chassis.

H22 engines as was previously mentioned are still a few hundred quid. I just don't see the point in this instance of a converstion and/or turbo when you can a buy a car with the a half decent engine already in for less time and money. Then it will also have good brakes and s suitable suspension set up, as well as the asthetics like spoilers and seats etc. I think you're flogging a dead horse otheriwse.

Maybe It's just me being the way I am, I just like my cars to be the way that they were intended. Who am I to think I know better than the engineers who made it?

Pottermus said:
H22 engines as was previously mentioned are still a few hundred quid. I just don't see the point in this instance of a converstion and/or turbo when you can a buy a car with the a half decent engine already in for less time and money. Then it will also have good brakes and s suitable suspension set up, as well as the asthetics like spoilers and seats etc. I think you're flogging a dead horse otheriwse.

Maybe It's just me being the way I am, I just like my cars to be the way that they were intended. Who am I to think I know better than the engineers who made it?
It's just each to there own buddy. I dread to think how much it cost to my 6G, and it will never be finished really as you'll always find changes you want to make.

I'd say it's easily over €10k, and she's currently in surgery costing me more €€€, and yet I don't regret spending a single cent. Sure, I could of just bought and modded an ATR, but where's the fun in that? My Accord has been owned since nearly new, and I loved the car in standard guise but thought it could use a bit more performance. After all that work, I now have an Accord that can out perform any ATR this side of a road car (plus it's shown much more expensive metal clean heels too!) and yet still carry me and the missus in comfort on a European road trip.

Besides, I will NEVER sell her (anyone who knows me can testify to that) so why not turn her into a unique beauty? ;)

Exactly, it's each to their own. I think my opinion stems from my enthusiast car (my Accord is my daily hack), where amongst the community there is a huge divide between concourse and modified. I'm very much on the concourse side of the argument.

I appreciate the work people put in, but find it hard to justify when you quite easily achieve similar results by buying the right car for your purpose in the first place.

Horses for courses I think. Some use their head some use their heart, but either way as long as you're happy with what you're doing it doesn't matter where you chuck your money really - it's a hobby after all?

Prime example - my mk2 Golf is/was a 1.6 8v driver with a carby engine. Bit unreliable and a bit slow as stock. It's done almost 250,000 miles but it's a solid shell still. I want a faster mk2 Golf, and an 8v GTi can be had for under a grand, and a 16 valver can be had for under 2k. But.... I love my little Golf :) so rather than let her go I pulled the engine out and stuck a 2 litre 8v from a mk3 in. It's been hard work and it's cost a few hundred but once I've wrapped up the last few bits I need to do then I'll still have the car I love plus the performance I want, and I'll be a happy boy :)

Havnt been on here in a while since I've been away I have done a few mods to my accord mainly on the exteriour, I LOVE this car there for I don't mind chucking a load of money at it! Some people may think why spend loads of money on an old car? Well I like everythink about it and plan on keeping her for a long time so why no splash out on it :D I'm a decent mecanic, done a lot of work to other hondas including engine swaps! I want to turbo this to be different in stead of going down the H22 route but have the cash to get a engine swap, if I'm unable to source parts for the f20, money and time isn't an issue here people :)

Excuse me if im wrong.... But the f20 engine is only in the S2000.... Not an accord.

Are you thinking of a k20?...there is a rather large difference between the f & k series

S2000 is the F20C engine, very different to all the other engines in the F series, if any real relation at all. The 6th gen came with the F20B6 the 2.0 and the F18B the 1.8.

Have you uprated the suspension and brakes first, and I don't mean a cheap set of lowering springs and some ebay drilled discs

You really need to get a good lowering kit/coilovers, new bushes and fast road set up and better breaks first before even thinking about doubling the power, not to mention some very good tyres as well, as whether you go turbo or H22 you will be diving the car extremely hard.

gwailo said:
Have you uprated the suspension and brakes first, and I don't mean a cheap set of lowering springs and some ebay drilled discs

You really need to get a good lowering kit/coilovers, new bushes and fast road set up and better breaks first before even thinking about doubling the power, not to mention some very good tyres as well, as whether you go turbo or H22 you will be diving the car extremely hard.
I will be upgradeing the brakes to some decent ones.. ATR more than likely, get the 5 stud hub conversion too, I don't know why people are scared of ebay springs, things are not like they used to be, they have to pass safety tests to be sold in the UK anyway.

Because eBay springs are rubbish esp when paired with old worn-out shocks, just like the eBay coilovers and eBay turbo kits you buy of there as well. But its good that you are upgrading to the Accord Type R brake setup. The springs may be ok for diving down the road, but we are talking about safety here when your car is pushed to it's limits esp with how fast your car will be when you turbo it!
[SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]You really need to have a chat with Jerrick / Edwin from MeisterR about a decent suspension set up on a budget [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Invest in a set of good Koni+Eibachs/HR's or some decent coilovers [/SIZE]